LiamD

Joined: 30th December 2005

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

LiamD
Hi all,

http://www.photo-freeware.net/yopow.php

This is a free program that will create your gallery to put your photos out where they can be seen. I've been using it for nearly a year. This is my latest gallery, shot with my ist DL on New Years Eve.

http://www.hanworthclub.co.uk/NYE2005/NYE2005WEB1/index.html

Once the photos were sorted, cropped and generally mucked about with (sorry for the jargon) it took me around 15 minutes, including fine tuning the HTML. I'm happy writing code, so I tend to do that anyway, but this is all WYSIWYG, so no web design expertise needed. If you've already managed to get a site running, you'll be able to use this.

It's taken a 47Mb containg 36 ***JPEG images and converted it to a gallery folder including all HTML, css, images and thumbnails, the entire online size of which is only 1.9 Mb.

It's all customisable with regard to sizes of thumbnails, images, background colour, title fonts etc.

Hope that helps. If anyone wants to mention the photos and how they could be shot better, I'm all ears. They were mainly shot with the popup flash in a dark hall. I used a warmtone UV filter through out, and the kit lens (18-55).

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Creating Image galleries for your site. at 02/01/2006 - 18:12

LiamD
Hi again,

thanks for that. I had a quick look on ebay and found a 25mm extension tube (K mount) for £3. My wallet says that's better than £60.

That means I can keep the lens and use it for closeup work after all. Re: the import duty, I bought the camera from digirev in Hong Kong, and got charged £40 import duty, which was about half what I expected to pay, so I know about that. It's amazing the amount of people that leave negative feedback for that firm, almost entirely people complaining about the duty they had to pay.

I don't understand some people, they spend anything between £250 and £1500 odd quid on expensive camera equipment but can't be bothered to read the equivalent of one A4 page (the bidding page, so it's not exactly hidden!!) where it clearly states that they'll have to pay it : :

Oh well, enough of that.. have a good evening. I'm taking the camera out to our Social Club's party for it's first run out tonight, so if I take anything worth posting, I'll do so in the morning.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Soligor 70-210 Macro at 31/12/2005 - 18:01

LiamD
Hi John,

yep, it's K mount.. I used it almost constantly with my old ME. The space between the chassis and the lens mount is greater on the ME, which I don't use any more. Perhaps I can get a more modern lens and sell this one on ebay or something, to offset the cost.

Or I may get the bellows and use it exclusively for macro work. As I said, the optics are fantastic, so I may just do that.

I've never used them before but I've found..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-auto-bellows-K_W0QQitemZ7575701721QQcategoryZ43479Q...

I've already spent too much for this month but is that a decent peice of kit, and the right value. I guess with postage and import tax it'll come out around £60.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Soligor 70-210 Macro at 31/12/2005 - 17:31

LiamD
Hi,

I have just bought an ist DL and have the above lens. It doesn't fit. There is a part on the lens by the mount that sticks out too far to let it couple with the body..

Comment Image

(This is for illustration purposes only (taken with my P&S) and not intended to showcase my photographic prowess, although at least the door's in focus)

It's a lovely little lens, and the macro is excellent on 35mm, so I'd like to find a way to utilise it. I'd like to know if there's a workaround that you may know of.. a spacer or something??

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Soligor 70-210 Macro at 31/12/2005 - 11:01

LiamD
Hi George,

I like manuals.. hopefully I'll be around long enough that you'll all recognise me for the geek I am!!

I've now read most of it, and (weather permitting) I'll be out pointing my new toy at anything that moves in the next few days, and probably some motionless stuff as well.

I'm awaiting the delivery of a card reader, so I'll post up my first ever piccys on this camera when I get it.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Language settings on *ist DL at 31/12/2005 - 05:57

LiamD
Hi to you both, and thanks. dmau, you explained it better than I could of.

I'm now going through the manual a page at a time. I've even taken a few piccys of one of my cats.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Language settings on *ist DL at 30/12/2005 - 17:10

LiamD
scrap that.. I somehow found it. I'm off back to work, so I'll try and work out how I did it later and post it up, just in case anyone else needs to know.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Language settings on *ist DL at 30/12/2005 - 12:56

LiamD
Hi,

Stupid question time. I've just taken my *ist DL out of the box, and started at page one of the manual carefully following it to the letter.. until! I went to the language setting bit and pressed the wrong button. It's now Chinese (I think.. it could be Japanese)

How do I set it back to English. From reading what I can of the manual it seems to just say "set the language and forget", which would be fine if I'd set it to the one required in the first place. I couldn't find anything on the web (although the search strings I tried should have narrowed it down). I'll keep playing, but if anyone knows how to do this, I'd be grateful. It's not exaclty in a language that I can follow around the camera to try something else.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on Language settings on *ist DL at 30/12/2005 - 12:46

LiamD
No problem Matt,

Would something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTICAL-SLAVE-TRIGGER-FOR-HOT-SHOE-FLASH-BRAND-NEW_W0QQite...

work on the Sunpak?

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on *ist DL and older flashes. at 05/01/2006 - 18:23

LiamD
Hi,

I've just been looking at trigger voltages here..

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Trigger voltage AF200SA (is this the same flash as the S?)... 7.65-7.82V

Trigger Voltage Sunpak 3600 Auto...................................... 194V

A hundred and ninety four volts

Quote:
You'll probably need to get a hotshoe to sync cable adaptor to use the Sunpak, and (depending on flash voltages) it might be necessary to get one which limits the trigger voltage at the camera.
Is there one available that limits the voltage down that far, and would it work anyway?

Also, can I use a remote flash trigger of some sort. This would negate the need for the flash to be conected to the camera at all? I'm happy enough setting the flash manually.

Cheers

Liam

Comment by LiamD posted on *ist DL and older flashes. at 05/01/2006 - 14:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo