kingfisher

Joined: 15th May 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

kingfisher
that damned LBA again - want trade or buy SMC 35/3.5. For K105/2.8 or K55/1.8. Pm me if interested...

Comment by kingfisher posted on WTB or Trade: K 35/3.5 at 26/07/2011 - 07:35

kingfisher
axl wrote:
One of the best 50ish lenses available in K mount IMO!
Used to have one... And judging by the pics, it's in tremendous shape too!
Good luck with the sale
Hi Peter, very good standard lens indeed. And a nice focal lenght for dslr, but since i got DA50-135 and DA70 it is just gathering dust on my shelf

Comment by kingfisher posted on FS: Pentax SMC 55/1.8 at 26/07/2011 - 07:32

kingfisher
Pete,
If I were you, I'll probably keep K105 and sell Tak. I have K105 and it is amazing little telephoto + no hassle with m42 adapter. For me an easy choice.

Comment by kingfisher posted on SuperTakumar105 vs SMC105... which one goes ? at 24/07/2011 - 19:01

kingfisher
Matt, i tried DA*50-135 and it shows same amount of vignetting as DA70. On contrary FA31 shows not visible vignetting on MX at all. If I remember well, MX viewfinder covers 95% of image. I guess you can use DA70 on fullframe and you wouldn't see any boundary made buy edge of filter thread, but you will have to live with higher than usual vignetting. Same seems to be the case of DA*50-135....
maybe I'll do some shots with those two on MX to prove it...

Martin

Comment by kingfisher posted on Replacement hood for Limiteds at 24/07/2011 - 09:30

kingfisher
Dangermouse wrote:
You probably won't get vignetting on a DSLR, but you might on full frame.
Zav, it works well on dDLR, no vignetting noticed so far.

You're right Matt on fullframe SLR you can see vignetting already when you look thorugh viewfinder. But then I removed the lens hood, and left DA70 on MX and the vignetting is still there, so I guess it is the effect of DA lens on fullframe body.

Comment by kingfisher posted on Replacement hood for Limiteds at 24/07/2011 - 06:57

kingfisher
thespirit3 wrote:
Is this the old 55/1.8 (so 55mm = ~70mm on APS-C)?

Excuse my ignorance
Hi, yes it is the K series 55/1.8 lens - with K mount, but optically I believe it is quite the same as Takumar. 55mm would be something like 82.5mm on dslr if I'm correct...

Comment by kingfisher posted on FS: Pentax SMC 55/1.8 at 23/07/2011 - 13:09

kingfisher
Hi all, I've recently purchased DA70 - and find it a great little lens. However I don't like the hood, it looks kind of funny....so I replaced it for now with metal Takumar hood for 100mm lens. It's as big as the lens itself but it looks very elegant. I just need to find proper slip on cap now.
Anybody else replaces a hoods on Limited lenses?

Comment by kingfisher posted on Replacement hood for Limiteds at 23/07/2011 - 13:04

kingfisher
bump.

Comment by kingfisher posted on For Sale : Rare Pentax K 105mm/2.8 at 22/07/2011 - 19:51

kingfisher
bump ?

Comment by kingfisher posted on FS: Pentax SMC 55/1.8 at 22/07/2011 - 06:42

kingfisher
Ratcatcher wrote:
Camkins of cambridge only offered me £100 for mine against a K5 which I thought was an insult. They gave me more for my K10D Two years ago, I was expecting around the £300 mark.
that's very low price...but they need to make a profit....
k20D is still very fine camera....i would say 250-275 quid depending on condition would be fair

Comment by kingfisher posted on Wanted - pricing info please at 19/07/2011 - 19:24

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo