johnwhit

Joined: 27th April 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

johnwhit
Cliff-P wrote:
John you should go for the VC version its much better:
Sick of waiting Cliff and I need something that goes to 300mm in my lightweight kit

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on WTB: Tamron 70-300 LD Di.............. at 13/06/2013 - 06:52

johnwhit
Bump.

Comment by johnwhit posted on WTB: Tamron 70-300 LD Di.............. at 12/06/2013 - 17:08

johnwhit
Bump.

Comment by johnwhit posted on SWAP: FA* 85mm F1.4 for FA 31mm Ltd (black) at 12/06/2013 - 17:08

johnwhit
dcweather wrote:
Are we talking about a high quality 1.4/1.5x autofocus TC here? As far as I was aware the only ones currrently working with say the 300mm DA* are the Kenko, Tamron and 1.7x Pentax and although IQ reduction isn't much( the AF is abysmal) I imagine it's not on a par with Canon's matched converters. I know a hell a lot of Canon people use them and swear by them so that is what I want from Pentax - a matched high quality autofocus TC.
+1

Comment by johnwhit posted on 1.4 x why are we waiting? at 11/06/2013 - 06:56

johnwhit
robbiec wrote:
MIV version though. MIJ specified
Only a preference, all my FA lenses are MIJ, I doubt there's difference TBH.

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on SWAP: FA* 85mm F1.4 for FA 31mm Ltd (black) at 11/06/2013 - 06:52

johnwhit
K10D wrote:
If you are visiting Oz. 670GBP and you get 10% (GST) back when you leave Oz, so close to 600GBP.
link

Best regards
Tempting

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on SWAP: FA* 85mm F1.4 for FA 31mm Ltd (black) at 11/06/2013 - 06:50

johnwhit
You could simply update the firmware to allow a multiplier to be set for the lens in use (and recognised) by the camera to enable SR to work optimally for the actual focal length. Better still, a range of options, 1.4x, 1.5x, 1.7x and 2x

Why complicate the issue by changing the mount:

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on 1.4 x why are we waiting? at 10/06/2013 - 20:21

johnwhit
Or would sell the FA*85 f1.4 for £799

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on SWAP: FA* 85mm F1.4 for FA 31mm Ltd (black) at 10/06/2013 - 20:14

johnwhit
Algernon wrote:


...... there isn't anyway of passing the signal to multiply the lens FL by 1.4x. It would need a re-designed mount and in camera software which could well be on the way.

They obviously won't release a TC which won't work on the current cameras.


Could be achieved with a simple firmware update

Comment by johnwhit posted on 1.4 x why are we waiting? at 10/06/2013 - 18:54

johnwhit
Mike-P wrote:


Second hand Tamron/Kenko 1.4x teleconverters are selling for doube (sometimes triple) their original price and the Pentax 1.7x adapters were going as fast as the seller in Japan could source them so yes there is a market for a reporting SDM compatible 1.4x WR converter.

I would certainly buy one, can't see it being cheap though.
+1

I've 3 AF 3rd party converters 2 Teleplus/Kenko and 1 Tamron and I'd still like to see Pentax produce a dedicated 1.4x TC

John

Comment by johnwhit posted on 1.4 x why are we waiting? at 10/06/2013 - 18:34

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo