johnnyboy114

Joined: 7th August 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

johnnyboy114
Yeah, I know there are lots, but I tend to upload ALL my images to Flickr as a "last resort" backup really. Its not there for any other reason as I rarely take part in any of the groups and so on and I don't have a large close friend list (only ones who have found me really and I don't know them). So although there is a lot, I intend to leave it that way so I know, if all else fails and my external hard drives are knackered and my DVD backups are broken etc etc...I can always get SOMETHING back from Flickr I guess.....

Yeah, it was hard to balance the light on some of them as well, hence the backed off flash does look a bit better but I was shifting about a bit and the sun was rapidly going down so was messing about with the camera and flash all the while and it was a bit of a faff to be honest.

But thank you for your comment. I am glad you like them, much appreciated and yes, she is a very attractive lady. I hope I did her justice

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 27/04/2010 - 07:43

johnnyboy114
Thanks Axl....I have thought about cloning the branches, I think I might do that. I agree. Cheers for the feedback!

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 22:28

johnnyboy114
Yeah, it is. Thanks! Appreciated!

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 21:33

johnnyboy114
Yep, Hatfield Forest, not far from the M11. Very nice and green place it is too. Lovely.

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 19:32

johnnyboy114
Ha ha....strange how people see things differently I guess as its the ones with the off camera flash I really like! Makes the model really stand out from the surroundings. But, thats what I intended to try as hadn't really done it before, so I guess it was worth a go. I like the last one too actually though....was quite hard to get that shot as the light kept moving throught the trees....

But thanks again Andrew! Always appreciated....

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Some more from Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 19:12

johnnyboy114
Thanks Andrew! Appreciated! Yes, she is very photogenic, nearly signed for a modelling agency and it kind of shows really. Still like the countryside though! lol! Thanks again!

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 19:09

johnnyboy114
Here are a few more from the Hatfield Forest shoot.....most of these without the flash though....

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-165.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-18.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-34.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-39.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-40.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-176.jpg[/IMG]

This one with flash....



[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-199.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-61.jpg[/IMG]


I would love to hear your feedback....please let me know what you think. Thanks very much!

John

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Some more from Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 13:50

johnnyboy114
Hi guys

Here are some shots I took of a friend of mine in Hatfield Forest this weekend. Did some natural light shots, then as the sun gradually went down, did some off camera flash stuff. Would really like your opinions and feedback on these as I am really quite pleased with them! I did help that my friend had also done some modelling before, so didn't need too much direction from me!

Hope you like....

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-102.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-109.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-114.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-123.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-127.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac131/johnnyboy114/Iza%20Hatfield%20Forest%20April%202010/IzaHatfieldForest-154.jpg[/IMG]

The set up on most was either just natural sunlight or using a Vivitar 283 on a stand, reflective umbrella, trigger, full power on about f8-ish, depending on focal length. I hope I have caught some of the warmth of the sun too.....hope you like!

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Model in Hatfield Forest at 26/04/2010 - 13:46

johnnyboy114
Dont' worry about the power in the domestic situation....even going the strobist route, if you know what you are doing and have the right gear, standard flash guns can light pretty massive rooms, so its probably more than enough to be getting on with. Besides, for portraits, the wide open look can be really appealling in some cases, so you will be winding down the power anyway and opening up the aperture for that really arty pro look.....just play about before the baby comes and see what effects you can come up with. I do ALL of my stuff with cheapy strobist stuff, due to budget constraints and seem to get pretty good results.....one day I will get studio gear, but for what most people need, 95% of the time, you can get away with it with some good results. Your new Interfit kit will be very, very good so have a play....it will be more than suffice for needs at the moment I reckon. Lucky thing.....

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Budget studio flash guidance needed. at 26/04/2010 - 11:53

johnnyboy114
Hi Stefan

Use the window, its the softest and most flattering light. Get the reflector to the side to fill in, don't put them square on to the window, otherwise 1) YOU will be in front of the light 2) you won't have any definition on the shadows to make them stand out.

When the light gets too low, use the strobe as your key light, 45 degrees to them and use the window to fill in. A reflector held under the chin will soften the shadows under there.....also, it gives the kids something to hold and do and make them feel like they are involved and stop them getting bored. Its something new, so them holding it down below, out of shot, will be fun for them.....show them the difference between the shots....will keep them interested. Get them involved....

You can possibly get away with one light, but you will need it much more square on to remedy the light fall off if you have them side by side. Don't forget, the light won't be as strong on the child furthest away from the main light....always remember distances. Any small change will change everything in the set up.

If you manage to get hold of a second strobe, then use one through the softbox to the front, the umbrella or sheilded bare light to the back, opposite. Will give a lovely hairlight effect.....

Hope this helps?

Comment by johnnyboy114 posted on Studio flash setup at 26/04/2010 - 11:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo