Janeyb

Joined: 19th September 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Janeyb
blimey this is more complex than it seems ! Just tried Eclipse fluid too but can't seem to remove 1 speck. Before I go and research/attempt again, is it possible that a speck of dust can get between the sensor glass and the actual sensor ? The bit of dust I can't shift seems below the sensor glass surface...if not I'll try the speckgrabber method - thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'll end up spending as much on cleaning stuff as I did on the camera at this rate !!!!!!!
Thanks for all advice....

Comment by Janeyb posted on K100D Sensor Clean at 21/03/2008 - 18:18

Janeyb
Hi there - hope you got you sensor clean microlight. I've done the blower, Arctic Butterfly but still have a large bit of gunk stuck to my sensor. Gonna go for wet clean using some Eclipse solution but a bit confused as some posts here recommend E2 solution (correct for K10D) whilst on the Photo Solutions website it recommends Eclipse
http://www.photosol.com/cameras_bymfg.html

Would appreciate some more info before I order

Many thanks

Janeyb

Comment by Janeyb posted on K100D Sensor Clean at 16/03/2008 - 20:34

Janeyb
Thank you so much for your feedback. It has really boosted my confidence. A couple of family members had said they really liked some of the pics but it's fantastic to get some comments from people in the know. I now have some ideas to move on with and hopefully will get some better results taking your comments into consideration.

Thanks again.....a very chuffed JaneyB

Comment by Janeyb posted on Beginner piccies for critique at 10/11/2007 - 14:08

Janeyb
Right.....thought I'd take the plunge as some other newbies have and put myself out there for critique from you guys. I'm a newbie to the forum and to phography in general (other than holiday snaps in the past!) Would love to hear your thoughts on these......I have played around with a couple in photoshop but not even sure what I am doing there - or with the camera.....so it's more a composition thing I was trying for.


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


[/img]

Comment by Janeyb posted on Beginner piccies for critique at 09/11/2007 - 18:49

Janeyb
Thanks for the advice. Phoned around a few places this morning and although a little more expensive, CameraKing do seem to be one of the very few places to actually have a pentax fit in stock. So have finally done it! Look forward to it - could have done with it last weekend when we went for a walk around Sandringham and saw two roe deer rutting - too far away to get anything half decent with my 18-55 but could at least have got a slightly better image with the 70-300.

Thanks all .....

Comment by Janeyb posted on Sigma Availability - any ideas? at 10/11/2007 - 12:44

Janeyb
Hi there....am a newbie......posted a while back but having not been able to do much photography since buying my camera - due to breaking my arm....haven't been on the forums much. Have just trawled through and seen a couple of posts regarding availability of Sigma lenses. I still want to purchase the Sigma 70-300 APO MACRO. Anyone managed to find availability anywhere? Found this on e-bay but am a little concerned as not really an ebayer and seems a bit too good to be true!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-AF-70-300mm-f4-5-6-APO-DG-Macro-6Gift-For-Pentax_W0Q...

Comment by Janeyb posted on Sigma Availability - any ideas? at 09/11/2007 - 18:20

Janeyb
Thank you all so much for your advice. Had a peek at the Sigma 70-300 DG APO Macro yesterday. Think I may well plump for that. Had some good reviews and can pik it up for within my budget. Can't wait - although not going to be able to use it for a while as broke my arm last week!!!! Frustrating! Anyway - Thanks again.

Comment by Janeyb posted on Advice for complete novice at 22/09/2007 - 12:19

Janeyb
Hi there....brand new to the forum (and photography in general). Have just purchased my first digi SLR - Pentax K100D with 18-55 mm lens. Am starting to get to grips with it but still have lots to learn - may be brave enough to show you my first attempts soon. Anyway - thinking about investing in a telephoto lens. Looking at the Pentax smc DA 50-200 mm lens. What I'm after is somerhing to give me the capability for some wildlife shots - live in Norfolk and often see deer, foxes etc but never get close enough shots. Any thoughts on this lens - or any alternative suggestions. It's as high as my budget allows at £170 though - and also don't want anything to big/heavy. Many thanks.

Comment by Janeyb posted on Advice for complete novice at 20/09/2007 - 13:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo