Horst

Joined: 15th January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Horst
Well, that told me.

With all the talk about the problems selling to other countries, I suppose you don't buy anything on Ebay from other countries , just to be consistent.

I agree, I came on a bit harsh to LennyBloke, But we are all part of the same forum and if you don't think that the foreign members are not really to be trusted, then there is something amiss.

It is like being in a club and half the members don't trust each other.

Only members of this forum can see the selling ad's . so the worry Johnriley has: "And there are risks, indeed some destinations where it's better not to try and send items."
However he is quite happy to accept members from non UK countries.

Then Of course there was the comment by bigyinn: "TBH selling abroad is a pain in the backside. Its not the money side of things, but the extra cost and hassle of finding a carrier. Dont start me on those buyers who pretend they've never received something either!

Having looked at the Royal Mail website to find out about all the hassles mentioned to send a parcel overseas. I could really not find anything more complicated then to send an internal parcel.
Also finding a carrier can't be that hard, i am sure the next post office is in easy reach of most people.

The problem Bigyinn had with buyers that pretended never to received something send to them.
I must assume they are all from outside the UK.

Finally, i like to stress, if you sell anything within a forum, all members should have equal access to all the features and functions available.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on FS: Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PKA modified at 20/01/2016 - 22:24

Horst
Well john, i only commented on the issue after bigyin wrote his comment.

of course it is sold. But that's not the issue. i am not writing about that item specifically, but in general.

After I read the amazing comments from bigyin, where he points out how expensive for the seller???
and how hard it is to post overseas and further implied that most overseas buyers are not honest,

Anyway, Attitudes like this about foreign buyers do not do your country or your forum much good.
Maybe you should have stopped the discussion already after bigyin made his comments.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on FS: Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PKA modified at 19/01/2016 - 23:48

Horst
Quote:
Not sure why you feel the need to question the seller
The only way to find out what you like to know, is to as a question. That is if you actually get an answer.

Quote:
TBH selling abroad is a pain in the backside. Its not the money side of things, but the extra cost and hassle of finding a carrier.
To send a parcel under 2kg anywhere in the UK, you pack the parcel , address it, go to the post office and pay the postage, There is no difference in sending a parcel overseas. you do the same thing. The only addition is the customs form which has to be filled out. It costs you nothing extra to go to your local past office.

It took me no more tan 3 minutes to get the shipping costs for a parcel up to 500g and a value of GBP50.-
with tracking and signature. The cost is GBP12.90. I would have been happy to pay this.

try this link: link

Quote:
Don't start me on those buyers who pretend they've never received something either!
Those buyers I suppose, where all not to be trusted foreigners and the ones from the colonies are the worst.
To prevent this, you post the parcel with tracking. According to you, there are no dishonest people in the UK. Only overseas, . Again send it with" tracking and signature required".

Quote:
Why give yourself extra grief when you can sell to your own country all day long?
No comment!!!!!!

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on FS: Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PKA modified at 19/01/2016 - 22:07

Horst
NeilP wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps I shouldn't have sounded off on a public forum but having waited 6 weeks for Pentax to respond to one of their Pro Dealers and having been without my camera for some winter projects I had planned,
I can not see anything wrong with what you did. As you can see, you got a reaction.

The only way sometimes is to sound off in public. It often helps

Better than sitting at home and sulking quietly and let others take advantage of you.

I do the same thing, with the difference, that I have "Foot in Mouth disease". This often gets me in to some trouble.
Especially with the Pentax User management.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 19/01/2016 - 00:28

Horst
As I said, I would have bought them instantly from you.

Please let me know, why you only sell to UK.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on FS: Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PKA modified at 17/01/2016 - 13:10

Horst
John wrote:

Quote:
Probably delay ought to be a factor as well. I can imagine if we had to send a lens back to Japan the delay in the warranty repair might be quite long. I could be wrong, but I'd really only want to do that as a last resort.
John have you read the current forum post: Rico Pentax awful customer service?

I believe the item was purchased in the UK and sent to get repaired under warranty in the UK

Regards, horst

Comment by Horst posted on Buying From Abroad at 17/01/2016 - 12:54

Horst
Gwyn wrote:

Quote:
t really isn't unusual for companies to take six weeks or longer to arrive at a conclusion about an object sent for repair under guarantee. Lenovo took all of the six weeks maximum they said it would take to assess my computer and inform me that the screen was irrepairable, something I knew the day I sent it off.
Canon took 10 weeks to inform His Nibs that his camera was beyond repair, and then refused to replace it, but offered a voucher for a new one.
Just because it isn't unusual doesn't mean it has or should be like this. The Arrogance of this companies should be quite unacceptable. Companies like Canon and maybe Nikon probably can afford to be like this. They are on top of the selling chain and are supported by many publications.
However for Pentax to be like this and to be unapproachable is pure stupidity.
Pentax is right on the bottom of the food chain and I believe is just lucky that people like us are around who know and appreciate the quality product Pentax makes. Why they don't learn and push theire products by giving exploratory customer service escapes me.

Gwen further wrote:

Quote:
It will get sorted, one way or another, and in the meantime I think we should butt out and let the parties involved get on with sorting it as best they can.
Of course like everything it will get sorted one way or the other, But how long will it take and how happy will the customer be?
This is not the way to go, by saying: "well you just have to wait something may happen sooner or later"
I personally would not want to be without my camera for 6 weeks or more.

Regards, Horst


Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 17/01/2016 - 12:46

Horst
There wasn't any mudslinging on my part.

however if as a customer who forked out a stack of money to get a product,,
one expects a service , not after 6 weeks a message: its all your fault.

if it was the customers fault, let him know as soon as possible so he can at least decide to have his camera repaired or buy something else in a reasonable time.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 17/01/2016 - 09:41

Horst
I've read all the comments from SRS. and I can feel for them . They are trying to do the best for the customer. and commented about the issue.
But, It only came so far because it was mentioned on this Forum. It shows the when publicizing your problems it suddenly makes companies respond.

i wonder what would have been if this problem had not been mentioned here.

It does not really matter if they are small or large dealers. They sold you the product and made the profit.
They didn't do it for love. Therefore they need to come good with any problems you have.

if they can't work it out with the manufacturers, Just drop them and promote the opposition product and maybe also go public.

What can be to the customers advantage can also work for a dealer.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 17/01/2016 - 08:53

Horst
The retailer surely must be responsible for the warranty claim. After all He made the profit of you.

We have the same bulls... here in Australia . It is called Manufacturers warranty
In other words the retailer tries to fob you off and tells you to send it to the factory.
However you can insist that the retailer does all this for you and he is also responsible in the end to
give to satisfaction.

Also i believe the only way quite often to get some sort of satisfaction to post your grieve on social media.
Even if it does not help in the end. At least it makes you feel better to let it all out.
But often the Seller does come to the party.

I feel a bit sorry for John Riley with his comment:

Quote:
Well, it wouldn't influence my buying decisions, which are based on my own experiences. In any event, whatever this grumble may be, it doesn't seem to have fully played out yet, nor do we have the response to it from the the other parties involved. So how can we judge?
Like always he has to be neutral and not offend Rico/Pentax in any way and therefore has to write totally meaningless comments.
It probably would be better not to say anything.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Ricoh Pentax awful customer service at 17/01/2016 - 07:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo