Greytop

Joined: 10th January 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Greytop
It must have arrived...he's gone quiet

Comment by Greytop posted on My K20D will be arriving tomorrow! at 22/01/2009 - 15:59

Greytop
Hi Luka,

Welcome from another recent newcomer to this forum

Comment by Greytop posted on Hi to everyone! at 22/01/2009 - 09:04

Greytop
womble wrote:
I use the eyecup on my K10D after someone here recommended it (John Riley I think) and yes, much better than before but still tiny compared to the LX. A useful addition, all the same.
I'm sure you are right Kris but you have to remember I'm used the E-510 VF

Dwight-Morton wrote:
A bit of a joke as the Olympus as one good think the HOYA filter on it, so you are giving them some funds.
Timothy, come on credit where credits due.... I think you'll find that the ED 12-60 SWD is not a bad tool either

Comment by Greytop posted on My K20D will be arriving tomorrow! at 22/01/2009 - 00:49

Greytop
Bob, I thought you may be interested in some photos of my K20D with the O-ME53 fitted.

[IMG]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6585/p1213248hfie1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6928/p1213245hfwi2.jpg[/IMG]

Hefty, yes as a matter of fact I already have the ME-1 for my E-510, I haven't yet tried the Pentax one on my E-510 but I did try to fit my Oly ME-1 on my K20D last night and it seemed a little tight so didn't force it.

Both my cameras with Eye cup / magnifier upgrades.

[IMG]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2011/dscf0709hfat9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8168/dscf0706hffa1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by Greytop posted on My K20D will be arriving tomorrow! at 21/01/2009 - 17:45

Greytop
First impressions are that it is quite a significant increase in VF area. The K20D VF was not small to start with but now it is panoramic! The optical quality seems to be good with no visible distortions. Brightness may be very slightly down but then it is overcast today (if it is down it is by a very small amount).
The only negative is that I can't quite see the whole VF unless I position my eye very close the the O-ME53. At my normal viewing position there is a very slight vignetting effect in the corners. Move your eye point around very slightly and you can see all the VF.
The O-ME53 is well made with a flexible rubber outside. It sits back a little further on the camera body which means your nose / cheek bone has a little more space. Also there is more clearance around the Diopter adjuster than with the standard eye cup.
Overall I would say it's a worth while addition to the K20D and I will be keeping on my camera.

Comment by Greytop posted on My K20D will be arriving tomorrow! at 21/01/2009 - 16:31

Greytop
Yes you will love the K20D, I (almost) haven't put mine down since I got it last week (been checking out the DA* 16-50).
Today my O-ME53 1.2x Magnifying Eyecup arrived a nice little extra.

Comment by Greytop posted on My K20D will be arriving tomorrow! at 21/01/2009 - 15:32

Greytop
shaks wrote:
So doing what any sensible person would do, I blew the budget and went for the K20D.
He He, I know the feeling , I've done that a few times myself.
I'm sure you wont regret getting the K20D, it is a fantastic bit of kit.

Comment by Greytop posted on Ownuser Battery Grip FBH-P3 at 20/01/2009 - 21:18

Greytop
I'm looking forward to this lens but would agree with Kris, I suspect they are doing their best to make sure quality and consistency are where they should be for lens of this calibre. That's my hope anyway.

Comment by Greytop posted on Why so long?? at 20/01/2009 - 09:34

Greytop
Hi Carole,

welcome to the forum, it's a fun hobby for me too

Comment by Greytop posted on Hi all peeps at 18/01/2009 - 23:50

Greytop
Hi Prieni, yes I have come to sort of accept now that is not going to be 100% in every area, I guess it's just case of working to the strengths of the lens avoiding the unfavourable F stop area. Can't complain about the build and look though.... very nice.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the 60-250 performs when released but I might sit a little tighter on that one before pulling the trigger
Btw there is a wide angle zoom that does manage the 'tricks' I was hoping for with the 16-50, its the ED 12-60 SWD (24 -120 in 35mm terms), problem is it won't fit my new K20D

Comment by Greytop posted on 16-50* f2.8 owners at 16/01/2009 - 17:06

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo