flat4

Joined: 6th August 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

flat4
Hi, thanks for your replies. It is the screwdriver version. The later HSM version had a constant f/4 aperture. I'll post some pictures in a few hours.
Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 at 06/09/2012 - 18:50

flat4
Cabstar, I can post some photos this evening. I can also get you a shipping quote.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 at 06/09/2012 - 15:52

flat4
In good condition. I love the creamy bokeh and colours it produces. Excellent for portraits. Very sharp if stopped down to 1.8. Unboxed, both caps included. Price: 180 GBP plus shipping costs. Paypal or bank transfer (buyer pays fees).

PM me for more info or photos.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Pentax FA50/1.4 at 06/09/2012 - 14:56

flat4
I love this lens. Bought it couple of years ago and was very pleased with the results. Comes with box, papers, pouch, hood and caps. Clear optics, some signs of use on the lens barrel. Nothing big. Price: 220 GBP plus shipping. Paypal or bank transfer (buyer pays fees).

PM me for more info or photos.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 at 06/09/2012 - 14:53

flat4
Excellent lens. Very sharp from wide open (pentax digital reads f1.7). Close focus. Comes with box, pouch, hood and caps. Price: 220 GBP plus shipping. Paypal or bank transfer (buyer pays fees).

PM me for more info or photos.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Sigma 24/1.8 DG MACRO at 06/09/2012 - 14:49

flat4
I am selling my beloved DA40LTD with serial nr. 104. This is from the first batch and doesn't have the MIV inscription on the back of the lens. Some minor scuff marks on the lens hood and screw cap (normal use). Excellent condition. Missing the box and I bought it with a slightly different pentax soft pouch. Price: 250 GBP plus shipping from Slovenia, EU. Paypal or bank transfer (buyer pays fees).

PM me for more info or photos.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Pentax DA 40 Limited (Serial Nr. 000104) at 06/09/2012 - 14:45

flat4
I am selling my Sigma 70-200/2.8 HSM II. I enjoy this lens very much and it is great to use. Quick HSM focusing and excellent IQ. Great sharpness wide open from 70-180 mm, it's contrast drops a bit at 200 mm, but it is very good stopped down at f3.5. It's a 1.5 years old. Comes with hood, caps, pouch, box, papers and a UV filter. Optics are clear. Maybe some minor signs of normal use on the barrel, but nothing serious. Price: 540 GBP including insured shipping to UK. I am from Slovenia, EU. Paypal or bank transfer (buyer pays fees).

PM me for more info or some photos.

Cheers, Luka

Comment by flat4 posted on FS: Sigma 70-200/2.8 HSM II APO EX DG MACRO at 06/09/2012 - 14:41

flat4
I've upgraded from K200 to K-5 when it was released. It is a great camera (well, both still are). I would change a couple of things, but it's still a fantastic camera.

Comment by flat4 posted on Is now a good time to upgrade to a K-5? at 11/05/2012 - 05:52

flat4
It's a magnificent little lens! The 35/2.4 has a really good IQ. In fact, I was recently thinking of buying the FA31 Ltd and even had it on a test, but when comparing results I couldn't find a reason to spend extra money on the ltd, since I already had the 35/2.4. FA31 is slightly sharper wide open, plus it has slightly shallower DOF and is almost a stop faster, but AF performance of DA35/2.4 is far more accurate IMHO.

Comment by flat4 posted on 35mm vs 50mm at 04/05/2012 - 06:40

flat4
I own 3 prime lenses in 24 - 28 mm range;
- Sigma 24/1.8, a fantastic lens. Razor sharp wide open. Bulky. My main portrait lens lately.
A few samples, both at f2.2: http://www.gorjup.eu/blog/blaz-igralec-rugbyja-pri-rugby-klubu-ljubljana/

http://www.gorjup.eu/blog/peter-kavcic-kapetan-rugby-kluba-ljubljana/

- FA28/2.8, small, lightweight, pentax colors, wide open sharpness is quite good, but your subject has to be somewhere between MFD and circa 2 m. If you focus further than that, you are better off stopping it down a bit. At f4 it is great.

- Vivitar 28/2 MC Wide Angle (Kiron made) This one is also a stunning performer. Built like a tank and lovely to work with. A bit difficult to focus as it has only 1/4 turn of the focus ring, but performance is stellar. Bokeh can be a bit nervous if stopped down, but I love the colours and shallow DOF it produces. Very good for DSLR film making also.

My advice is, if you are looking for a normal prime for your DSLR, choose a 28 mm, as this is the exact diagonal of APS-C sensor. If MF is not cruical for you, there are many options, even cheap ones. If AF is a must, than go for a F or FA. Compact and lightweight.I'd accept the single lens challenge with it at anytime.

Comment by flat4 posted on SMC-F 28mm F2.8 at 27/04/2012 - 08:37

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo