davidruane

Joined: 13th November 2015

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

davidruane
erikro wrote:
Hi David.
Is it the pins sitting in the lens or the pins sitting on the camerabody?
Erik
Its the pins and spring sitting on the lens. Once the mounting plate is removed - the pins are there. On this lens I think there are supposed to be 6 pins and 1 spring.

Comment by davidruane posted on White solinoid + more parts at 19/08/2020 - 20:31

davidruane
erikro wrote:
I still have parts for Pentax cameraes, including white solinoids.
Please ask if you need somthing.
Erik
Hi Erik,

I`m looking for some of the gold pins and also one gold spring for a pentax DA 18-135mm (the pins from a different camera may also work)...

David

Comment by davidruane posted on White solinoid + more parts at 19/08/2020 - 15:40

davidruane
Good day all,

I have the above lens which has a broken / stuck aperture linkage. In addition I am missing two of the Gold studs and the spring.

The lens is not worth having repaired (quote was nearly GBP100), so if anyone has any spares I`d be more than happy to pay for them.

Alternatively, would anyone know where I could get these parts commercially?

Many thanks

David

Comment by davidruane posted on Faulty / broken Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm lens at 17/08/2020 - 14:24

davidruane
Gwyn wrote:
Well it was spectacular here while it lasted. Now we have the problem of a new lawn which is too wet to walk on but is also covered in leaves, and I mean covered in leaves, you can barely see the grass in places.
Still hot and humid here and feels like we are in for another round of storms later.
Could be worse, we could be in Death Valley.
We had a water bill last year for nearly Euro 3,000 - a little high for a quarter Complained about it and was told its because we water the grass ! So - end result was plastic grass (same as the football pitches)... Euro 1700 to install, clean it with a blower and this years similar bill was Euro 43.... more than happy with that.... Oh another bonus - NO GRASS CUTTING

Comment by davidruane posted on Another pointless thread at 17/08/2020 - 10:20

davidruane
Thank you both... supposedly its still visible this evening so with any luck I`ll have another look.... I doubt I`ll be able to wait until it comes back around so I`ll make the most of my chances

Comment by davidruane posted on Not having success with comet Neowise - so tried this... at 06/08/2020 - 08:47

davidruane
Having had absolutely no success in finding the comet, let alone actually photographing it, I thought I would try something different.

First quarter moon.

Comment Image



Ursa Major

Comment Image

Comment by davidruane posted on Not having success with comet Neowise - so tried this... at 28/07/2020 - 12:37

davidruane
It is supposed to be at its closest on 23rd so hopefully......
It would also seem that the timings I am seeing are far later than Stellarium etc forecast... I have it forecast here from about 2204 for about 80 minutes, whereas UK seems to be after 0100.... That to me would indicate I should be looking at about 0300 + because we are a couple of hours ahead of you... or am I missing something here.

I`m out tomorrow night for hopefully some milky way shots (clear skies allowing of course), so we`ll give it yet another go.

Comment by davidruane posted on Comet Neowise at 22/07/2020 - 06:58

davidruane
Yes, not having too much success here either


Mannesty wrote:
I think I'm too far south and due to living in a mountainous region of Spain, by the time it's dark enough to see it it's below my horizon to the Northwest, and it's too light when it rises above the horizon to the Northeast.

Comment by davidruane posted on Comet Neowise at 18/07/2020 - 06:57

davidruane
And I`ve just been corrected by SWMBO..... garden first

davidruane wrote:
Ok... I`m sure I am about to regret this - whats SWMBO ?

Aitch53 wrote:
davidruane wrote:
Pentax D FA MACRO 50mm F2.8 - just arrived from SRS courtesy of the great guys at UPS

Now as soon as its out of the box - I`m out of the house

David
Before SWMBO finds out?

Comment by davidruane posted on What's your latest acquisition? at 16/07/2020 - 11:51

davidruane
Ok... I`m sure I am about to regret this - whats SWMBO ?

Aitch53 wrote:
davidruane wrote:
Pentax D FA MACRO 50mm F2.8 - just arrived from SRS courtesy of the great guys at UPS

Now as soon as its out of the box - I`m out of the house

David
Before SWMBO finds out?

Comment by davidruane posted on What's your latest acquisition? at 16/07/2020 - 11:50

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo