Darkmunk

Joined: 21st October 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Darkmunk
I've noticed these can be had quite cheaply, are mirror lenses any good? will this Centor work on my K10?
I remember my dad telling me about them but I haven't heard anything since.
If I remember correctly they are good for moon shots (or similar) but have a strange bokeh.

Comment by Darkmunk posted on mirror lenses Centon 500 - f8??? at 07/12/2007 - 17:30

Darkmunk
now your talking Kim.
I'm going to have to go with your 2nd suggestion (wish me luck) because I couldn't wait 'til Christmas and I bought the 50mm myself along with a set of extension tubes.
When I find a very patient insect I'll have a play, but in the mean-time here's a penny (not a patch on Dan's but I'm learning)
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment by Darkmunk posted on stocking fillers at 14/12/2007 - 21:14

Darkmunk
that's a great idea.
ta

Comment by Darkmunk posted on stocking fillers at 05/12/2007 - 21:51

Darkmunk
Any hot tips for inexpensive ways to have even more fun with a K10D?
I am being pestered for Christmas list by my nearest and dearest. Could be worse I guess.
I am thinking...
remote control (or soldering iron and a bit of wire)
flash (no idea which one)
gorilla pod (big one)
Sensor cleaner (far too boring)
ruck sack (Tamrac adventure 9?)
alll seems a bit dull...
Maybe a trip to Patagonia for a month with motorbike hire thrown in....

Comment by Darkmunk posted on stocking fillers at 05/12/2007 - 21:14

Darkmunk
OK I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say FPS is irrelevant on the K10D (at least) as it can't focus for toffee. (there...I've said it)
If I try and catch that pooch up on the left when he is coming towards me, or any of my kids - just being kids, then I know I can write off all but the first shot.
I will be the first to admit, I have a lot to learn with the K10, but I have been snapping away with various cameras since about 1980 (about 12 frames/month av.) and I've taken plenty of good shots without the aid of AF or motor wind or God forbid, 15 FPS Raw (who the hell is going to wade thru that lot? and then process them?)
So that's why I am busy snapping up Manual lenses and using time-honoured techniques for stopping that one moment as opposed to 15 near misses.
If it is me, I would really love for someone to show me the error of my ways, but I am not going to blindly defend a camera just because I bought it.
So I think I agree with the sentiment that they can keep their gimmicks and just give me a fast, reliable AF. Because I am essentially... lazy, and I don't actually enjoy fannying around with 3 or 4 manual primes.
eBay can have them back when the K30 comes out.

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Curious Questions about the K20D at 05/02/2008 - 20:17

Darkmunk
Thanks, I uninstalled everything and started again.
It works now.

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Instant view on laptop at 16/12/2007 - 16:42

Darkmunk
Yes, I downloaded the latest version.
and the camera is on 1.3 firmware.
When I ran the Pentax software installer, I didn't take any notice of the destination but it looked like it was going into the Pentax folder.
If I try to run the installer again it tells me it is already installed and quits.

What is the exe called? ( I could search for it) but I am fairly sure Pentax Photo Browser 3.12 should identify it and display the menu properly so something appears to be amiss. (I have restarted the computer).

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Instant view on laptop at 16/12/2007 - 10:06

Darkmunk
Maybe its getting late, but I can't find Remote assistant.
I have downloaded the latest and installed it but I can't find it and no mention in any documentation.
in Pentax Photo Browser the tools menu has it greyed out.
if I connect the camera with the USB it goes into PC drive mode and the menu remains grey.

any ideas?

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Instant view on laptop at 15/12/2007 - 22:14

Darkmunk
Thanks Peter,
Well, that's two of us!
Anybody else out there? I feel a meeting out on Dartmoor or a stormy beach coming on (might as well test the weather proofing...).
Happy to sit in a pub tho' !

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Plymouth at 28/11/2007 - 09:01

Darkmunk
Any K100 K10 users nearby?

Comment by Darkmunk posted on Plymouth at 18/11/2007 - 15:46

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo