Recent Photo Comments
Very good shot. Very well focused on the face. I see you used a very "shallow" depth of field which is interesting, as I would automatically have used f8 or f11.
Background without distractions is an added bonus.
Best aspect of all is that you are down at the critter's level staring him right in the eyes !
Comment by Brian1 on 06/09/2010 - 06:40
Pity you don't give us some details re location, etc.
Never mind, this is a good shot and full of interest. How old are the (sheep ?) pens, when were they last used, etc. ?? all spring to mind.
Comment by Brian1 on 04/09/2010 - 14:16
Thanks Lowela. Your tips are always useful.Brian you're are right for watermark in the bottom right corner. I used a polarizing filter and I gave a few tech. details in the above photo information. However F number is 16 and time is 1/60. I used a tripod. There's still a gret deal going for top quality slide film. I only gave it up myself because of cost processing and the fact that the nearest ...
Comment by Brian1 on 28/08/2010 - 08:52
Superb sky and it contrasts well with the nicely curved brown and green land. What I do not like is the wording in the bottom right of the shot.
You give no technical details, but it looks as if you used a polariser filter ?
Comment by Brian1 on 27/08/2010 - 06:39
Very effective. Good focus and the background is ideal. Super colours as the gold and blue go so well together.
Comment by Brian1 on 24/08/2010 - 11:07
Simple, but effective. Good depth of field.
Might have been better without the lady ?
Might be even more effective converted to B&W ?
Comment by Brian1 on 24/08/2010 - 11:05
Very simple, very effective. Nicely composed. Quite right to have it in B&W.
Comment by Brian1 on 19/08/2010 - 14:46
Doesn't look as if the door has been used for some time !
I like the composition, but for me the light is too flat. Needs some slanting sunlight.
Comment by Brian1 on 19/08/2010 - 14:42
I like the whole scene. Subdued colours, but the lighting and focus are both spot on for me and despite the odd assortment of objects the whole works well.
Would love to know what vehicle the wheel came from !
Comment by Brian1 on 19/08/2010 - 14:40
You give no information as to what the "pose" is all about.
What I see is a pretty intense young lady looking somewhat apprehensive about something. If that was the idea then it has worked well.
Good colours and the background is ideal, although maybe a little too dark in view of her black hair.
Comment by Brian1 on 19/08/2010 - 14:36

