BarryClough

Joined: 19th August 2014

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

BarryClough
Hi, had the misfortune to drop my lens last year, it was in it's case and dropped about a metre onto soft grass but needed attention.
sent it to a reliable repair agent in the UK and they've been able to get it fully functioning as a Manual Focus lens only. They sent it to Pentax UK but without returning it to Japan there's no way they can re-calibrate it here in the UK, which seems a bit odd.
I've now bought myself a new replacement as I rely on the Auto Focus quite a lot, so am wondering whether there's a market out there for this Manual only lens, just want to recover some of my costs (found out my insurance didn't cover it!)

Comment by BarryClough posted on slightly damaged 150-450 mm HD D-FA F4.5-5.6ED DC AW Lens at 19/02/2020 - 09:42

BarryClough
just invested in a rocket blower...thanks for the guidance I'll give it a go

Comment by BarryClough posted on k30 sensor cleaning at 19/08/2014 - 15:45

BarryClough
Comment Image

Comment by BarryClough posted on k30 sensor cleaning at 19/08/2014 - 15:35

BarryClough
thanks John, but I'm ultra careful now, certainly more so than with any previous cameras and am probably unjustly nervous at trying to blow the dust away myself.
I lifted the mirror last night to have a look but can't even see the offending particle.

Comment by BarryClough posted on k30 sensor cleaning at 19/08/2014 - 15:06

BarryClough
dammit! I've just joined the group so I can express my frustration with a similar problem with my k30, just posted my entry and then read this!
do we have a common problem perhaps?

Comment by BarryClough posted on K5 Sensor Issues... at 19/08/2014 - 14:47

BarryClough
been through a few Pentax cameras over the years, always happy to accept that they needed tlc once a year (or so) to remove the odd speck here and there. So was quite excited to learn that the k30 could at least partially vibrate the occasional bits of dust away from the sensor and maybe keep me content for longer.
I've now sent mine away four times since I bought it at the beginning of last year, I've had it back for just a few weeks now and already there's a beautiful blob just where it shouldn't be!
Is there something wrong with the camera perhaps or is it not being cleaned correctly? or am I doing something fundamentally wrong when I change lenses?
any advice/help welcomed!

Comment by BarryClough posted on k30 sensor cleaning at 19/08/2014 - 14:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo