anwa

Joined: 4th August 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

anwa
You can do it in PS (CS3 and above - not sure about earlier versions).

Go to File - Scripts - Image Prcoessor.

Select the input folder containing images to resize in step 1.
Select ouput folder for resized images in step 2 (if you choose same folder as input it will create a sub-folder and use that).
Can choose the output size (max dimensions are set for width & height) then save as jpg, TIF etc. You can even choose a PS action to run on each image as it is resized.

Comment by anwa posted on Batch re-sizing at 30/01/2012 - 15:38

anwa
I've traditionally shot JPEG for the last 6 years and only this year started to use RAW. I currently shoot RAW + JPG images and am processing the RAW files.

Although I'm getting quicker, I still find it time consuming to process the RAW files and although subjectively different, I'm still not convinced that the developed RAW images are better than the JPG out of the camera (and yes, I have tweaked the image settings in camera to my liking).

By coincidence I also shot an equestrian event for the organisers recently and ended up with a little over 400 images to be delieverd within 2 days. I did this with the JPGs - there was no way I could have done this with 400 RAW images.

My current thinking is to use RAW when I am out taking just a few shots of which only a couple will be keepers to put in my folio and to use RAW when it is event coverage and I will be taking a large number of images.

Comment by anwa posted on RAW or Premium JPEG? at 07/07/2011 - 12:36

anwa
I started with a set of Cokin P ND grads and, like many others, found they gave a very strong magenta cast when stacked. It's a pain to remove the cast in post because it's graduated across the image. It isn't like removing a cast that's equal in intensity across a whole image - you have to fade the removal with the effect of the filter. If you have a lot of images from a shoot, that all adds up.
I replaced the Cokin filters with Hi-Tech/Formatt and they are a lot better, though still have a slight colour cast. One of them has a dent in the filter surface (though I've never seen it show up in an image) and one has more of a hard edge rather than graduation where the filtration starts, so I'm not convinced their quality control is terribly good but they do the job for me.
Unlike others, I use the grads a lot: pretty much every dawn and dusk landscape shot I take is with a grad.
In terms of what to go for, I use the ND4 and ND8 grads. I have an ND2 grad as it came in the filter kit, but never use it.

Comment by anwa posted on ND Grad kits - what to go for at 24/05/2011 - 15:59

anwa
I've been a member of their facebook group for nearly a year but last Saturday was the first time I've been to any of their events. Went to a meet in Calverley to wander round and take photos.

Comment by anwa posted on West Yorkshire - Leeds Exposure at 03/05/2011 - 18:46

anwa
Gah! I meant to say hen pheasant - it *was* late when I posted 'grouse hen'!
So that's what an 'ugly duckling' looks like then?

Comment by anwa posted on South Yorks meet at 06/03/2011 - 20:36

anwa
Well, only my second Pentax User meet and my first to an RSPB site, so good to see a lot of new and friendly faces and interesting to do something way out of my comfort zone. As mentioned, the weather was truly appalling - heavy, overcast skies and drizzle for the first 3 hours so rather less than ideal.

Here are my efforts:

Obligatory swan shot:
Comment Image


Waxwings on the rare occaision they were sat in the tree!:
Comment Image


Not sure what this is - some goose? - though it looks like a particularly dirty swan to me:
Comment Image


The 'faux bittern' - better known as a grouse hen:
Comment Image


and finally:
Comment Image

Comment by anwa posted on South Yorks meet at 05/03/2011 - 23:48

anwa
I'll be popping along to this, so see you all in the cafe around 10am!

Comment by anwa posted on south/west yorkshire meet at 04/03/2011 - 11:56

anwa
That's not bait - it's "foreground interest"!

Comment by anwa posted on Everyone loves a robin at 22/12/2010 - 14:21

anwa
Bagged this one last Sunday in the local park. Not my usual subject matter so rather out of my comfort zone:

Comment Image

Comment by anwa posted on Everyone loves a robin at 22/12/2010 - 12:40

anwa
Ah well, I can't do Mondays so I might just wander into Leeds on the Tuesday evening myself anyway.

Comment by anwa posted on Leeds/Bradford Xmas lights meet at 27/11/2010 - 10:29

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo