Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Yorkshire Group

Tyr
Posted 08/08/2007 - 17:08 Link
Depends what you are looking for... I have found a number of Pentax K and M lenses here in Leeds and also Skipton. There are a few FA lenses (power zoom and cheaper ones) and the shop doesn't want to let them go without the camera that they are attached it.
Posted 08/08/2007 - 17:22 Link
could you give me some shop names and maybe websites or something?

i know about dale photographic in leeds, but that's about it. Jessops doesn't count!

I'm looking for a 100mm ish macro (kiron/pentax F/FA possibly), something fast around 25-40mm and something very wide, but im probably gona have to get a new sigma 10-20 or pentax 12-24 (ouch!)
jps
Posted 09/08/2007 - 13:26 Link
Quote:
By the way I don't suppose any of you know of a shop in the area that stocks 2nd hand pentax lenses?

I haven't been to Bradford for a couple of years, but there was a very good 2nd hand camera shop somewhere behind the market last time I was there (sorry, my memory & lack of knowledge of Bradford mean this is a bit vague...)

Just Googled it, & by the looks of it it might be Bradford Camera Exchange at 19 North Parade (01274 729 144).

Jonathan
Posted 09/08/2007 - 18:18 Link
Ah ok, I'll have a look at that. Thanks jps.

I've heard that Sheffield has a good camera store called harrisons or something? However, I'm not sure what their stock of Pentax gear will be like. I'll have a look for their website now.
Hazza
Posted 09/08/2007 - 19:23 Link
Harrisons in Sheffield used to be my favourite shop. I remember it when Ron used to still work in there. It has been on both sides of London Road but seems to have settled now and is a very modern shop with 2 floors. I haven't been for a while but Rons sons took over and are very knowledgable. They used to have a sale of second hand gear every January/February and everyone waited in anticipation, got some real bargains then. Isn't nostalgia great, sigh!
Harry
Ammonyte
Posted 09/08/2007 - 23:35 Link
I'm not a yorkie, but I was passing through Ilkley t'other week and noticed a photographic shop with a fair bit of Pentax kit in the window. Shop was closed (do they still have "early closing days" in the boondocks?). Sorry, but I cannot now recall the name of it, but Google throws up the name "Annings".
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
screwdriver
Posted 10/08/2007 - 11:55 Link
pixelpruner wrote:
Ah ok, I'll have a look at that. Thanks jps.

I've heard that Sheffield has a good camera store called harrisons or something? However, I'm not sure what their stock of Pentax gear will be like. I'll have a look for their website now.

Harrisons don't stock much Pentax it's all Canon and Nikon. The only Pentax is what they take in as Part-Ex

Chris
fatspider
Posted 10/08/2007 - 21:52 Link
Theres a fairly large dealer in York (cant remember the name) always has a bit of Pentax gear in the window (always closed when I go )

I also recal buying used pentax lenses from a small dealer in Dewsbury

Best bet would be to "let your fingers do the walking"

PS whens the next Yorkshire meet
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.