WTB: Telephoto Lens.
Posted 12/07/2012 - 19:38
Link
If You are interested in 70-300 tamron for that money I have one in perfect condition.
Posted 12/07/2012 - 19:49
Link
PM sent
Posted 12/07/2012 - 19:50
Link
snappychappy wrote:
Got to be the Tamron 70-300mm for that kind of money.
Would that beat a 55-300 for IQ?Got to be the Tamron 70-300mm for that kind of money.
Regards
David
Posted 12/07/2012 - 19:57
Link
davidstorm wrote:
Regards
David
"Nope!"...
snappychappy wrote:
Got to be the Tamron 70-300mm for that kind of money.
Would that beat a 55-300 for IQ?Got to be the Tamron 70-300mm for that kind of money.
Regards
David
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 12/07/2012 - 20:14
Link
I think OJS is after something longer than 300mm
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 12/07/2012 - 20:16
Link
dougf8 wrote:
I think OJS is after something longer than 300mm
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
Owen was referring to image quality on the previous post where this was mentioned. I agree with MikeP on this one, I don't know of anything that will better the IQ of the 55-300 for reasonable money, but Owen was leaning towards a prime, not a zoom. I think this will be hard to find for £100 or less, unless it is very old or very battered.I think OJS is after something longer than 300mm
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
Regards
David
Posted 12/07/2012 - 20:31
Link
davidstorm wrote:
Regards
David
Standing corrected dougf8 wrote:
I think OJS is after something longer than 300mm
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
Owen was referring to image quality on the previous post where this was mentioned. I agree with MikeP on this one, I don't know of anything that will better the IQ of the 55-300 for reasonable money, but Owen was leaning towards a prime, not a zoom. I think this will be hard to find for £100 or less, unless it is very old or very battered.I think OJS is after something longer than 300mm
"As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal. "
The before being https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/wanted--300-400-500-prime-lens-35947
Regards
David
I was going to point out a well used 400mm Sigma APO on some auction website or other. But it won't be necessary.
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 12/07/2012 - 22:11
Link
Hi all, thanks for you interest in this post.
Davidstorm is correct, me and him had spoken previously, and hes got the right idea. im after something that can beat the IQ. but then, i would happily take on something such as -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110914247441?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...
Which may not be to the same modern spec as my 55-300. but is something quite different.
Cheers,
Owen.
Davidstorm is correct, me and him had spoken previously, and hes got the right idea. im after something that can beat the IQ. but then, i would happily take on something such as -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110914247441?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...
Which may not be to the same modern spec as my 55-300. but is something quite different.
Cheers,
Owen.
17 years old with 3 years pentax use!
"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"
"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"
Posted 12/07/2012 - 22:56
Link
Do you think you'll get this for less than £100 Owen? I don't think you should have pointed the forum members towards this lens!
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 13/07/2012 - 00:20
Link
The 55-300mm is the best lens for the job, unless you want a telephoto prime lens. Then we are talking vastly in excess of £100.00
You are probably better off staying as you are. The DA version with QuickShift, metal mount and lens hood would be an upgrade, but not optically.
This is more of a discussion than a Classified Ad, so I'll move it to lenses until you are sure what you are asking for.
You are probably better off staying as you are. The DA version with QuickShift, metal mount and lens hood would be an upgrade, but not optically.
This is more of a discussion than a Classified Ad, so I'll move it to lenses until you are sure what you are asking for.
Best regards, John
Posted 13/07/2012 - 06:25
Link
davidstorm wrote:
Do you think you'll get this for less than £100 Owen? I don't think you should have pointed the forum members towards this lens!
Regards
David
You might be right, OJS have a wait, just watch the members (some) here as they would sell their grannies if they could make a fast profit. Do you think you'll get this for less than £100 Owen? I don't think you should have pointed the forum members towards this lens!
Regards
David
However if you wait and are careful you might get your lens cheaper than £100. It may take time but be patient.
e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGMA-400mm-APO-WITH-PENTAX-P30-/261059025674
Lurking is shirking.!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


21 posts
14 years
Wellington,
Telford,
Shropshire
Im still after a telephoto lens.
Im widening my search, so im now open minded to anything anyone has, although preferably id like it to be AF.
As before, i want it to beat my 55-300 dal.
Im on a tight budget. And 100 is the most im happy to pay for a secondhand well used lens. If my heart is dead set on something though, i may pay out for that bit extra something.
Drop me a pm i you have anything
Cheers,
Owen
"If In Doubt; Flat Out!"