Wrong reasons
Posted 22/11/2009 - 19:32
Link
I would offer the thought that if a predominantly male group were looking more at male than at female images, then you would be entitled to wonder about the reasons.
Besides, in the world of birds, it is the males that are beautiful. In the world of humans, it is the females, and what is the purpose of art if not to show beauty?
G
Besides, in the world of birds, it is the males that are beautiful. In the world of humans, it is the females, and what is the purpose of art if not to show beauty?
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 19:36
Link
Makes a lot of sense..
2x K10D bodies, 2x FA 28-200 3.8-5.6, DA 18-55, A 50 F2, 50mm Macro, 360 FGZ. Still saving for the 60-250 DA* Also have a Z10 35mm and a K1000 just for fun. IF PENTAX IS THE ANSWER, WHO CARES WHAT THE QUESTION IS...!
Quote:
Posted 22/11/2009 - 19:37
Link
Steve, not strange at all.
1.) Most members of this forum are men
2.) Men are created to be genetically attracted to females
Therefore you will get more hits on your images of females, nothing to do with the wrong reasons.
I take most of my portraits & nudes with two other female photographers, and at our camera club approximately 50% of the photographers who specialise in figure studies (posh phrase for nudes) are female. I have also taken male nudes. Are they taking photographs of females for the wrong reasons?
1.) Most members of this forum are men
2.) Men are created to be genetically attracted to females
Therefore you will get more hits on your images of females, nothing to do with the wrong reasons.
I take most of my portraits & nudes with two other female photographers, and at our camera club approximately 50% of the photographers who specialise in figure studies (posh phrase for nudes) are female. I have also taken male nudes. Are they taking photographs of females for the wrong reasons?
Posted 22/11/2009 - 20:13
Link
And at the risk of sounding homophobic, I too do not like seeing other men naked!
Posted 22/11/2009 - 20:51
Link
A quick look at your gallery brings to mind the fact that the male studies tend to be mono, whilst the female ones have eyecatching colours.
Could that be the reason?
I will admit to admiring the female form, but I'm also drawn tovibrant colours!
Could that be the reason?
I will admit to admiring the female form, but I'm also drawn tovibrant colours!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:14
Link
So why do I get more votes on my EPZ pictures of ducks than of girls?
Careful answers only please.
Careful answers only please.
Best regards, John
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:21
Link
I'm not careful enough....
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:32
Link
Having describe Stefan as a "Babe", I'm not surprised at George's subsequent reservedness.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:42
Link
Oggy wrote:
Having describe Stefan as a "Babe", I'm not surprised at George's subsequent reservedness.
I fear you have been Americanised.Having describe Stefan as a "Babe", I'm not surprised at George's subsequent reservedness.
I meant "babe" as in "babe in arms"; in other words, a mere stripling.
Not "babe" as in ..., well, I don't think I need to spell it out. You clearly have that sort of babe on the mind!
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:55
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
I meant "babe" as in "babe in arms"; in other words, a mere stripling.
Not "babe" as in ..., well, I don't think I need to spell it out. You clearly have that sort of babe on the mind!
G
Babes on my mind? That's going back a few years George. When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night etc.Oggy wrote:
Having describe Stefan as a "Babe", I'm not surprised at George's subsequent reservedness.
I fear you have been Americanised.Having describe Stefan as a "Babe", I'm not surprised at George's subsequent reservedness.
I meant "babe" as in "babe in arms"; in other words, a mere stripling.
Not "babe" as in ..., well, I don't think I need to spell it out. You clearly have that sort of babe on the mind!
G
I was simply observing that given common parlance, you had left yourself open to misinterpretation.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 21:58
Link
There is nothing common about my parlance, old chap.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 22/11/2009 - 22:08
Link
Come come now George -
Quote:
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch
Posted 23/11/2009 - 10:25
Link
Quote:
A quick look at your gallery brings to mind the fact that the male studies tend to be mono, whilst the female ones have eyecatching colours.
Could that be the reason?
I doubt itA quick look at your gallery brings to mind the fact that the male studies tend to be mono, whilst the female ones have eyecatching colours.
Could that be the reason?
Take a look at the Whitby Goth Weekend thread link you will find a predominently large number of female portraits compared to male.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



132 posts
17 years
Pretoria,
South Africa