Wrist Strap Recommendations
Posted 21/01/2012 - 09:17
Link
Have to say Rob - I have tried 3 different ones and didn't get on with any of them - I find it better just to hand hold
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 21/01/2012 - 09:35
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Have to say Rob - I have tried 3 different ones and didn't get on with any of them - I find it better just to hand hold
Carl
Agreed. I tend to wrap the neck strap around my hand.
Have to say Rob - I have tried 3 different ones and didn't get on with any of them - I find it better just to hand hold
Carl
Posted 21/01/2012 - 13:20
Link
Fear not, Rob, help is at hand
Get one of these for the princely sum of £5.95 inc free delivery on 'flea-bay': link
The seller is reputable and based in the U.K. (Birmingham, to be precise) and you will have no difficulty getting a refund if you find it not to your liking.
Don't be decieved by appearances or the lack of the tripod attachment screw I tried several, including the Hama, before I stumbled upon these and they proved to be the best bt far in terms of their comfort, function and versatility. I have used mine with both my K20D and K5 (+/- BG) and lenses ranging in size and weight from the SMC 35mm DA-L to the mighty Sigma 100-300mm APO EX and had no problems.
If none are available on flea-bay you can buy on Amazon from the 'Gametrain', link which charges £5.95 + £1.60 delivery (odd since, despite the name change, they are the same seller as on ebay :shock, or from 'powerplant' link for £7.99 'all in'.
Jon
Get one of these for the princely sum of £5.95 inc free delivery on 'flea-bay': link
The seller is reputable and based in the U.K. (Birmingham, to be precise) and you will have no difficulty getting a refund if you find it not to your liking.
Don't be decieved by appearances or the lack of the tripod attachment screw I tried several, including the Hama, before I stumbled upon these and they proved to be the best bt far in terms of their comfort, function and versatility. I have used mine with both my K20D and K5 (+/- BG) and lenses ranging in size and weight from the SMC 35mm DA-L to the mighty Sigma 100-300mm APO EX and had no problems.
If none are available on flea-bay you can buy on Amazon from the 'Gametrain', link which charges £5.95 + £1.60 delivery (odd since, despite the name change, they are the same seller as on ebay :shock, or from 'powerplant' link for £7.99 'all in'.
Jon
Posted 21/01/2012 - 15:58
Link
RobE17 wrote:
...a wrist strap to use on the odd occasion...
I have been using this wrist strap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Wrist-Strap-Leica-M2-M3-M4-M4-P-M6-M6ttl-M7-MP... for the last year or so, and am very satisfied with it. It may look rather delicate perhaps, but is actually of really good quality leather, well made, and very strong, and I can recommend it as a safety back-up for use when hand-holding the K5 for extended periods (even with the 16-50 mounted). Of course, I wouldn't intentionally let it dangle......a wrist strap to use on the odd occasion...
IMO it looks good, and matches the K5 for classiness.
[Wish I knew how to reduce to a single small word a hyperlink of massive proportions like the one above]
Posted 21/01/2012 - 16:34
Link
duncanM wrote:
Wish I knew how to reduce to a single small word a hyperlink of massive proportions like the one above]
Copy the url of the item, type the word link here, highlight it and then click the link button below the text box. Paste the url into the box that appears and then click ok.Wish I knew how to reduce to a single small word a hyperlink of massive proportions like the one above]
LINK
All done.
Posted 21/01/2012 - 16:57
Link
Thanks for all the suggestions, a few to think about there.
Posted 05/02/2012 - 17:33
Link
Posted 05/02/2012 - 17:37
Link
I use this one found it ok so far
http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/op-tech-slr-wrist-strap_d4623.html
http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/op-tech-slr-wrist-strap_d4623.html
flickr
link
link
Posted 06/02/2012 - 06:56
Link
I've never heard of Gordy but they look superb- I've just checked the gallery- how popular is the Fuji X100!?
I will be ordering one (edit- the strap, not the Fuji!)- thanks for the link guys.
I will be ordering one (edit- the strap, not the Fuji!)- thanks for the link guys.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


679 posts
18 years
Essex
Can anyone else recommend one apart from the Hama strap?
Rob