Worst accessory purchase
Posted 20/10/2011 - 11:59
Link
chunky wrote:
A Gary Fong flash diffuser.
Totally and completely rubbish.
If it's that bad i'll give you a fiver for it
A Gary Fong flash diffuser.
Totally and completely rubbish.
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start
Posted 20/10/2011 - 14:59
Link
Gorillapod and spitit level !!One I dont trust enough and the other was an impulse buy ,like so many things
All the best
David
David
Posted 20/10/2011 - 15:21
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
I can't fathom the B setting at all though. On my film bodies it's simple - the shutter will remain open for as long as the button is depressed. I have used this pretty extensively while shooting night scenes and infra-red with a cable release, timing exposures with the second hand of a watch when the camera's shutter speeds don't go slow enough.
The K-m only has an IR remote option but try as I might I can't fathom how to make it keep the shutter open. I've tried the suggestion that pressing once opens and again to close (no dice) and obviously tried holding the button down.
Just looked as His Nibs's K-m and don't see B on it, or I'd have tried the remote with it. Is it a menu setting rather than on the top dial? Are you sure it has a B setting even?
I can't fathom the B setting at all though. On my film bodies it's simple - the shutter will remain open for as long as the button is depressed. I have used this pretty extensively while shooting night scenes and infra-red with a cable release, timing exposures with the second hand of a watch when the camera's shutter speeds don't go slow enough.
The K-m only has an IR remote option but try as I might I can't fathom how to make it keep the shutter open. I've tried the suggestion that pressing once opens and again to close (no dice) and obviously tried holding the button down.
Posted 22/10/2011 - 16:06
Link
T140 wrote:
It fits a NIkon SB800 speedlight, and I found I gor farbetter results bouncing flash and using the supplied diffuser.chunky wrote:
A Gary Fong flash diffuser.
Totally and completely rubbish.
If it's that bad i'll give you a fiver for itA Gary Fong flash diffuser.
Totally and completely rubbish.
Bear in mind that 90% of the weddings we do are in dimly lit castles the lighting can be very tricky.
If you want it then PM me for details and it's yours for £7.50 incl p&p.
Chunky
Posted 23/10/2011 - 11:24
Link
I did use my Gorillapod once, to hang the camera onto a pole. It sagged with the weight of the K10D and I though it was going to fall off. It has its uses for holding a remote flash, though.
Posted 23/10/2011 - 11:36
Link
We have a little gorillapod that we use with a compact camera for taking self-timed photos. Fits nicely in the lady love's handbag too. I'm not sure I'd want to trust my K20D to one, even the SLR sized model.
I love my spirit level (assuming that is the same as a spitit level... ) and was very annoyed I had left it at home when I went to Romania last.
K.
I love my spirit level (assuming that is the same as a spitit level... ) and was very annoyed I had left it at home when I went to Romania last.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 23/10/2011 - 23:02
Link
I bought a Pentax M viewfinder magnifier for my LX as an aid for manual focusing,used it once.Later I found it useful as a mini telescope (2x).
Jeff.
Jeff.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


898 posts
15 years
London
A Gary Fong flash diffuser.
Totally and completely rubbish.
Twitter | Someone said time-lapse?