Wireless Remote Control

ChrisR

Link Posted 07/04/2012 - 09:28
7 Day Shop, Wireless remote control for Pentax, (7DSNW3). (Shutter Release)

Price now at £11.29.

Has anyone used the above.
Does it work ok etc.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but looked back through topics to the start of 2012, and I can't find anything relating.

Many thanks.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

vic cross

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 08:48
'Don't know if it is the same model but we all bought it for £1.79 or £1.99 just a few weeks ago.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

ChrisR

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 09:57
Many thanks VIC.

I think the one at £1.99, was a wired or the infrared remote, the one I have listed it is the wireless/radio remote with 100mtr range, on a good day, with a following wind.

I have now ordered one, as I thought if it is no good I can return for refund.

But should have ordered, the day I posted the question, because over the following twenty four hour period, it had increased by £2.00.

Canít win them all.

Take care, & thanks.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

vic cross

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 20:12
You're right Chris the one we all bought is the infrared one. Some seemed to work and others didn't. Mine worked a treat on both my K7 & K5. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 20:59
I got a Chinese IR one (ok 2...) from ebay a while back...

Used it recently and had a few issues... Lots of shots of me looking annoyed waving it about and a couple of my bottom.

Works... Just not everytime...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

ChrisR

Link Posted 10/04/2012 - 08:58
vic cross wrote:
You're right Chris the one we all bought is the infrared one. Some seemed to work and others didn't. Mine worked a treat on both my K7 & K5. CHEERS Vic.

DaveHolmes wrote:
I got a Chinese IR one (ok 2...) from ebay a while back...

Used it recently and had a few issues... Lots of shots of me looking annoyed waving it about and a couple of my bottom.

Works... Just not everytime...

I had a genuine Pentax IR, for my K10, that I was never able to get to work, and it cost a lot more than the after market ones.

Should have returned it for a warranty claim, but water under the bridge now.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

ChrisR

Link Posted 10/04/2012 - 09:05
I intended to have said in the above, when I receive the wireless (radio) remote, I will report here on its performance.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.