Wide angled
Posted 31/07/2011 - 12:29
Link
Pentaxonian wrote:
The sigma 10-20 is great
Mmmm ... had one oh those before didn't quite float my boat ,not contrasty enough ,but sayin that ,it could've been the copy I had though
The sigma 10-20 is great
Thanks
Sean
Sean
Posted 31/07/2011 - 13:03
Link
Interesting, mine is sharp and very contrasty. And very resistant to flaring. Maybe you had a bad copy or try the new version. I am selling all my lenses and keeping only two primes, but I am thinking maybe I should also keep the sigma.
Good luck with your search
Good luck with your search
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
Posted 31/07/2011 - 17:16
Link
A used 12-24 would be my recommendation, I prefer it over the Sigma 10-20 I previously owned - sharper and better colour rendition, I also prefer the distortion characteristics - found them a bit odd on the 102-20.
The Sigma is known to have sample variation though which may go someway to explaining how some people are non too keen and others are delighted with it.
I think the new Sigma 8-16 seems to get decent reviews although I haven't really looked much - worth doing a bit of research on.
Simon
The Sigma is known to have sample variation though which may go someway to explaining how some people are non too keen and others are delighted with it.
I think the new Sigma 8-16 seems to get decent reviews although I haven't really looked much - worth doing a bit of research on.
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 31/07/2011 - 18:50
Link
I recently got a Sigma 8-16 and think it is excellent. I posted some sample shots here. Be sure to click on the photos to get the full sized versions as the reduced ones look less sharp than they should.
It was £375.00 at SRS but it's back up to full price now. Mifsuds are advertising it for £379.00 but I don't think they have any left in stock. However there were advertising a 'mint' used one £400.00 (I think) last time I looked.
It was £375.00 at SRS but it's back up to full price now. Mifsuds are advertising it for £379.00 but I don't think they have any left in stock. However there were advertising a 'mint' used one £400.00 (I think) last time I looked.
My Flickr • Pentax K-5 • K-5 II • Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 DC HSM • Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD ASL • SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F/2.8 ED [IF] SDM • SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F/4-5.8 ED • SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] WR • Vivitar 100mm F/3.5 Macro AF • Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-2
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


397 posts
19 years
Auldearn..Nairn,
Bonnie Scotland
Budget is around the £400-£500 mark (cheaper would be a bonus)
Thanks for looking
Sean
Sean