Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Whitby Gothic Weeknd

greynolds999
Posted 02/11/2013 - 08:05 Link
Whitby is cold.
Hardgravity
Posted 03/11/2013 - 10:22 Link
Yes it was, good to see the usual suspects and catch up on things.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Gwyn
Posted 03/11/2013 - 10:28 Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Whitby is cold.

You effete northerner you

Edit caused by me trying to write from my phone again. I really have to give up on that. The forum just doesn't work on it
Edited by Gwyn: 03/11/2013 - 10:31
Stuey
Posted 04/11/2013 - 21:03 Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Stuey wrote:
If any of you see me in Whitby I have seriously cocked up the directions for the lakes

Enjoy your weekend guys

Just remember - if you can see the coast on your right - you have either cocked up or you are on your way home

Have a good break Stu

Carl

Thanks Carl

I'm looking forward to the photo's from this
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fatspider
Posted 05/11/2013 - 01:03 Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Whitby is cold.

Saturday was Damned cold! and also a bit of a disaster, just after passing Gareth on the steps we made it to the top just in time for the rain, we tried sheltering against the church wall to no avail and decided to make for the car, Now I'm not exactly the fastest person on the planet and Mrs Spider was a little damp by the time we arrived so we spent over an hour with the engine running and the blowers on trying to dry out her coat, the damp was also getting to my poor old joints Also by this time the battery on my phone had died so the chances of catching up with anyone else were slim, cafe and coffee followed by another damp stroll, we then made an early departure back to Goathland passing through a nasty hailstorm with sheet lightning

Sunday made up for the poor Saturday and I managed a few nice shots, I would have posted some but I shot my Nieces Wedding last week and I've still not finished editing the pics so must get those done first

Give me a week and I'll see what I can do.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
judderman62
Posted 05/11/2013 - 07:07 Link
I have posted a handful of my shots up. Saturday PM was definitely pants

I headed back to my B & B, in Robin Hoods Bay, and had a DVD fest
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
johnriley
Posted 05/11/2013 - 09:50 Link
I can't believe we experienced the same Whitby Saturday! Yes, there was rain, but not all the time and during the afternoon the sun broke through for quite a long spell.
Comment Image

Comment Image

It was cool, not the terrible wet cold of April 2012 when it lashed it down all day. The rain did come in on our way home, but the stop at The Tanglewood for a meal made up for that!
Comment Image
Best regards, John
fatspider
Posted 05/11/2013 - 19:34 Link
Finally got round to looking at my snaps from the weekend, first three from Saturday and the last three from the Sunday, the very last shot has turned out an awful lot better than I expected, taken using the pop up flash after several pints of Caffreys.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
davidtrout
Posted 05/11/2013 - 19:56 Link
Looks like it was worth suffering for your art Alan. That's an impressive collection and I'm sure you've got many more. All the girls have wonderful eyes, particularly 1 + 2, and the steam punk has some amazing gear on his shoulder. I'll try and make it next time as I've now missed two Goth Festivals in a row and the last time I was there I pushed off early in search of steam on the North Yorks Moors Railway.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
bforbes
Posted 05/11/2013 - 21:20 Link
Nice set Alan. Dubious about putting mine up now.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
judderman62
Posted 05/11/2013 - 21:42 Link
]Here are a few of mine from Whitby Goth

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Edited by judderman62: 05/11/2013 - 21:44
judderman62
Posted 05/11/2013 - 21:44 Link
Nice shots from y'all.

barrie I saw the second lass in you shots at The Steampunk event in Lincoln in June wearing the same outfit
- -
Mike

davidtrout
Posted 05/11/2013 - 22:25 Link
The black and white image is very striking Barrie.
David

PPG:
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
judderman62
Posted 05/11/2013 - 23:21 Link
Just booked my accommodation for April's goth weekend
- -
Mike

bforbes
Posted 05/11/2013 - 23:31 Link
davidtrout wrote:
The black and white image is very striking Barrie.

Thanks David. I don't feel I managed many keepers this time round.

judderman62 wrote:
Just booked my accommodation for April's goth weekend

I'm excused duty for April next year.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.