Whitby Goth Weekend, Saturday 5 November 2011

K10D

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 13:50
Blythman wrote:
Think this guy needs invoiced and a notice to take the photos down.

I take his point completely about asking permission. Pity he didn't afford the same courtesy.

The guy is a female Alan.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

JAK

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 13:56
Algernon wrote:
Taking photographs in a public place is within the law.
Stealing photographs and publishing them on a website is against the law.

The way the stolen photographs have been shown on the website concerned
is possibly defamatory?

I've never heard anyone complaining about being photographed at the
Rio carnival or even a pop festival.

The photographs depicted clearly show that the people being photographed are more than happy to cooperate. They aren't sneaky shots of a Tog leaping out from behind a gravestone and for all the web site author knows these could be paid models.

John
John K

Blythman

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 14:16
K10D wrote:
Blythman wrote:
Think this guy needs invoiced and a notice to take the photos down.

I take his point completely about asking permission. Pity he didn't afford the same courtesy.

The guy is a female Alan.

Best regards

Oooopppsss
Same applies though. Guess she didn't ask because either

1. she thought permission would be refused, or
2. didn't see why she should bother.

Different rules for different folks as far as she's concerned.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

tyronet2000

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 14:41
A friend of mine used to tell tourists he was the "Village Idiot" and they could have his photo for 10 bob
Regards
Stan

PPG

davem

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 20:04
The Whitby Goth weekend is not purely a Goth weekend any more. It is attended by horror fans, funeral fans, steam punks, posers, wannabe models and people that just like dressing up etc.. It reminds of that old Victorian idea of promenading.

Even larger numbers of people turn up just to look. I think that on occasions some photgraphers go too far as with street (urban) photos. We have seen some of that on here before with 'drive by urban shooting' The lack of respect for others sometimes does disturb me.

In respect of the comments here by forum members i think that we should always remember that this is an open site and not a private conversation.

Dave

davidtrout

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 21:20
If the Goths/Punks etc object to being photographed why do so many agree when asked to pose and request copies of the images to be e-mailed to them. Of course we are only too happy to oblige with free copies, some of which appear on their websites and WGW blogs. Indeed some have appeared in this lady's posting.

David.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 27/03/2012 - 21:25

fatspider

Link Posted 27/03/2012 - 22:41
Gareth sent me that link in a PM several weeks ago, it didn't worry me that I was quoted out of context, there are a number of replies/comments to that article which suggest not everyone is blind enough not to see that.

This is just one Goth who objects to having her picture taking by blowing off a little steam, journalists have been twisting words to get a story across for years, whether the way she has gone about it is right or wrong I do believe she has raised a few valid points with regards to the sheer number of togs now attending the event and the bad manners of a small minority.

I think what's rattled cages on here is the fact she has acquired most of her "ammunition" from this forum and subsequently picked on the wrong photographers.

Aside from the issue of using images without consent I don't think we should be making such a big deal out of it.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.