Whitby Goth Meet March 2011
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 02/11/2010 - 21:12
Link
Well I'm going for the long weekend. On Barry's recommendation I've booked with ShoreLine link.
They do a 3 night minimum and it works out around £450, which if you work on 4 sharing for two nights is £56 each.
Afraid ours will be full, but a bit of grouping together and you might get a good deal.
They do a 3 night minimum and it works out around £450, which if you work on 4 sharing for two nights is £56 each.
Afraid ours will be full, but a bit of grouping together and you might get a good deal.
Posted 02/11/2010 - 21:53
Link
I'm already booked for the Royal. Before you confirm dates and bookings, check the goth websites. I've heard the dates have been moved around for next year
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:11
Link
They are confirmed on the website now at http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/
Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:14
Link
Just the one day for me, Saturday.
David
David
Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:23
Link
I would love to go never been so if its two days or one day iam happy
Posted 03/11/2010 - 07:28
Link
I guess Fran and I are the lucky ones as we have our VW camper, so we just park up and go to sleep. wake up have a coffee and a bite to eat and a wash, then off we go to take pictures. May not be everyones cup off tea but you could try some camp sites as most of you can then test the weather seals on your cameras.
Fletcher8.
Posted 03/11/2010 - 10:40
Link
Where is the punch line
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 03/11/2010 - 11:31
Link
Quote:
I guess Fran and I are the lucky ones as we have our VW camper
That can be a matter of opinion, I've done the camping lark, from ridge tents to trailer tents to caravans, we just got bored with it the caravan was getting past its best so we flogged it and blew the proceeds on two weeks in Cyprus Never looked back.I guess Fran and I are the lucky ones as we have our VW camper
I prefer a nice cosy B&B, where I can get up and let someone else make the bed and cook my breakfast
Posted 03/11/2010 - 11:50
Link
Why did they have to change the dates????
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:01
Link
fatspider wrote:
I prefer a nice cosy B&B, where I can get up and let someone else make the bed and cook my breakfast
I thought that's what wives were for.I prefer a nice cosy B&B, where I can get up and let someone else make the bed and cook my breakfast
Father Ted wrote:
Why did they have to change the dates????
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either
And I'm pretty sure bonfire night is in November. I don't think we're planning that far ahead at the moment!Why did they have to change the dates????
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either
Sorry, it's been a hard morning. Think I'm getting snappy (and not in the good, photographic way).
Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:08
Link
I have to go the the Goths because of the family getting into it. However from a photography point of view you end up with the same type of images every time. I would not mind going for a new challenge. We could keep the meet on the old dates if that best suits people being able to get away. Any Comments?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:14
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
And I'm pretty sure bonfire night is in November. I don't think we're planning that far ahead at the moment!
Sorry, it's been a hard morning. Think I'm getting snappy (and not in the good, photographic way).
Doh!And I'm pretty sure bonfire night is in November. I don't think we're planning that far ahead at the moment!
Sorry, it's been a hard morning. Think I'm getting snappy (and not in the good, photographic way).
I was just reading another thread about the autumn Goth weekend, hadn't spotted that this one referred to April
And feel free to snap away sir!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6378 posts
20 years
Leeds,
UK
Either both Friday and Saturday night or just the Saturday so we get two days of shooting. This would abviously have to be a firm commitment so check with the boss (thats either you wife/partner or employer (or both))
B&B is going to be expensive in Whitby and probably booked up already, anyone got any suggestions for accomodatiuon, Gareth???
My PPG link
My Flckr link