Whitby Goth Meet March 2011

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

fatspider

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 21:04
I know its a bit early guys and gals but who's up for a weekender?

Either both Friday and Saturday night or just the Saturday so we get two days of shooting. This would abviously have to be a firm commitment so check with the boss (thats either you wife/partner or employer (or both))

B&B is going to be expensive in Whitby and probably booked up already, anyone got any suggestions for accomodatiuon, Gareth???
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

greynolds999

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 21:12
Well I'm going for the long weekend. On Barry's recommendation I've booked with ShoreLine link.

They do a 3 night minimum and it works out around 450, which if you work on 4 sharing for two nights is 56 each.

Afraid ours will be full, but a bit of grouping together and you might get a good deal.

bforbes

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 21:53
I'm already booked for the Royal. Before you confirm dates and bookings, check the goth websites. I've heard the dates have been moved around for next year
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

greynolds999

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:11
They are confirmed on the website now at http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/
My Photobucket

fatspider

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:12
Quote:
I've heard the dates have been moved around for next year

Organising a weekend meet might be a bad idea then, might be best to let everyone bok the wrong dates themselves
My PPG link
My Flckr link

davidtrout

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:14
Just the one day for me, Saturday.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

puma

Link Posted 02/11/2010 - 22:23
I would love to go never been so if its two days or one day iam happy

Fletcher8

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 07:28
I guess Fran and I are the lucky ones as we have our VW camper, so we just park up and go to sleep. wake up have a coffee and a bite to eat and a wash, then off we go to take pictures. May not be everyones cup off tea but you could try some camp sites as most of you can then test the weather seals on your cameras.
Fletcher8.

greynolds999

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 10:38
How many people can you fit in a VW camper?
My Photobucket

bforbes

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 10:40
Where is the punch line
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

fatspider

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 11:31
Quote:
I guess Fran and I are the lucky ones as we have our VW camper

That can be a matter of opinion, I've done the camping lark, from ridge tents to trailer tents to caravans, we just got bored with it the caravan was getting past its best so we flogged it and blew the proceeds on two weeks in Cyprus Never looked back.

I prefer a nice cosy B&B, where I can get up and let someone else make the bed and cook my breakfast
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Father Ted

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 11:50
Why did they have to change the dates????
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

greynolds999

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:01
fatspider wrote:
I prefer a nice cosy B&B, where I can get up and let someone else make the bed and cook my breakfast

I thought that's what wives were for.

Father Ted wrote:
Why did they have to change the dates????
Half term will be over by then, so I won't be able to make a weekend of it and as it is bonfire night, I won't be able to make a day trip either

And I'm pretty sure bonfire night is in November. I don't think we're planning that far ahead at the moment!

Sorry, it's been a hard morning. Think I'm getting snappy (and not in the good, photographic way).
My Photobucket

bforbes

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:08
I have to go the the Goths because of the family getting into it. However from a photography point of view you end up with the same type of images every time. I would not mind going for a new challenge. We could keep the meet on the old dates if that best suits people being able to get away. Any Comments?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

Father Ted

Link Posted 03/11/2010 - 12:14
greynolds999 wrote:

And I'm pretty sure bonfire night is in November. I don't think we're planning that far ahead at the moment!

Sorry, it's been a hard morning. Think I'm getting snappy (and not in the good, photographic way).

Doh!
I was just reading another thread about the autumn Goth weekend, hadn't spotted that this one referred to April

And feel free to snap away sir!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.