Which website deal is best please?
Posted 17/08/2014 - 16:41
Link
Depends on your web experiences, Clikpic or Photium is a good place to start, I've just moved to Zenfolio as I wanted more control, having gone Clikpic then Photium
Check out my current site if you wish
Check out my current site if you wish
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 17/08/2014 - 16:54
Link
Hi Chris Thanks for your replay. I have just tried clicking on the link to your website and got the message:
Invalid URL
The requested URL "/", is invalid.
Reference #9.acccdf5a.1408290686.66a2e3f
I tried Clikpic which is about £139 a year (i think). How much do you pay for yours?
I Will check out Zenfolio and Photium. I don't want it too complicated, are Vista print another good option?
Invalid URL
The requested URL "/", is invalid.
Reference #9.acccdf5a.1408290686.66a2e3f
I tried Clikpic which is about £139 a year (i think). How much do you pay for yours?
I Will check out Zenfolio and Photium. I don't want it too complicated, are Vista print another good option?
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 17/08/2014 - 17:43 - Helpful Comment
Link
I tried clikpix and zenfolio...too complicated, now I use 'Jalbum' it is very simple to use, you can use them to publish your galleries or if you have a 'Domain' already you can use that.
I paid 19 pounds as a 'one off payment' not sure what the cost is if you use them to publish.
By the way their after sales service is second to none!
I can highly recommend them
Click on the link below to see my galleries......
I paid 19 pounds as a 'one off payment' not sure what the cost is if you use them to publish.
By the way their after sales service is second to none!
I can highly recommend them
Click on the link below to see my galleries......
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 17/08/2014 - 18:00
Link
Have a look at Photium and there is a free trial link
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 17/08/2014 - 18:40
Link
Jalbum looks impressive, is it easy to use please?
I also notice its 23 euro's, what is that in British money please?
I also notice its 23 euro's, what is that in British money please?
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 17/08/2014 - 18:45
Link
Posted 17/08/2014 - 18:48
Link
How much is square space please?
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 17/08/2014 - 19:01
Link
AuraTodd wrote:
Hi Chris Thanks for your replay. I have just tried clicking on the link to your website and got the message:
Invalid URL
The requested URL "/", is invalid.
Reference #9.acccdf5a.1408290686.66a2e3f
Hmmm.... that's odd, it worked for me from the posting, I believe CliKpic is about £60 and Photium is aroud £80, Zenfolio is £100 for a premium package and a basic package can be had for much less.
Hi Chris Thanks for your replay. I have just tried clicking on the link to your website and got the message:
Invalid URL
The requested URL "/", is invalid.
Reference #9.acccdf5a.1408290686.66a2e3f
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 17/08/2014 - 19:07
Link
Sorry... Think Squarespace might charge in US Dollars, which might not work for you... Very modern and easy ish to build templates though... 8 usd per month for basic package... Works out approx £60 for a year...
Best
Best
Posted 17/08/2014 - 19:16
Link
Pain that, because squarespace looks good. is there a UK version please?
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 17/08/2014 - 21:43
Link
Jalbum is very easy to use, there are various templates to choose from which you can customise if you wish.
Create your own folders, ie, flowers, landscape etc.
Just upload your (resized) photos, arrange them in order - there are even some basic editing tools, click 'preview' to see how it looks,(internet not necc.) and when you're happy click upload.....
Create your own folders, ie, flowers, landscape etc.
Just upload your (resized) photos, arrange them in order - there are even some basic editing tools, click 'preview' to see how it looks,(internet not necc.) and when you're happy click upload.....
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 18/08/2014 - 09:58
Link
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 18/08/2014 - 13:11
Link
I'm just working on a Zenfolio site for some non photographic work. So far the support has been excellent - even after I signed up. Emails have been replied to very helpfully and quickly.
Yes the sites can look a little samey, but if you dig down there are a lot of config options, both for global changes and at an individual page level.
You've a choice between printing at OneVision (or Photobox ?) or to self-fulfill - all seems to work very nicely.
I coded my last site in Dreamweaver from scratch, which worked well enough, but sites like Zenfolio have swung the balance towards these templated wed creating sites.
Hopefully, I'll still be happy when I eventually publish the site ...
Yes the sites can look a little samey, but if you dig down there are a lot of config options, both for global changes and at an individual page level.
You've a choice between printing at OneVision (or Photobox ?) or to self-fulfill - all seems to work very nicely.
I coded my last site in Dreamweaver from scratch, which worked well enough, but sites like Zenfolio have swung the balance towards these templated wed creating sites.
Hopefully, I'll still be happy when I eventually publish the site ...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1041 posts
14 years
Salisbury
I would like one where I can pay yearly (preferably) in British Stirling) which isn't too complicated to build and where I can add a gallery, blog etc.
Many thanks.
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link