Which SD Memory Card to use?
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:02
Link
I'm using these. http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=109400
And welcome
And welcome
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:08
Link
I use Lexar Professional 133x write and seem to be using 8GB cards too
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:17
Link
I have no explanation for it but both my Transcend X10 cards refuse to allow me to put the firmware update file on them. Innova8 cards work fine.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:23
Link
I use a Kingston Class6 8GB plus ad 4GB and 2GB Sandisk Extreme as back-up.
I am quite happy with the performance and capacities of the 8GB and I have hardly used the others since.
Cheerz
MZ
I am quite happy with the performance and capacities of the 8GB and I have hardly used the others since.
Cheerz
MZ
K5, K7, Nikon FA.
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:28
Link
malcolmk wrote:
I have no explanation for it but both my Transcend X10 cards refuse to allow me to put the firmware update file on them. Innova8 cards work fine.
Be hopefull that that's the only problem you ever have with Transcend X10's
I have no explanation for it but both my Transcend X10 cards refuse to allow me to put the firmware update file on them. Innova8 cards work fine.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:34
Link
Well I got my first Transcend card in August, when I bought ny k-x. It has behaved flawlessly. Actually had 3 more delivered this morning. One for the bairn's DSI XL (for xmas), and two spare for me.
Appreciate that everyone's experience is different. Hope my new ones are as reliable as my original.
Appreciate that everyone's experience is different. Hope my new ones are as reliable as my original.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:44
Link
Just noticed 7Day are doing the Lexar Professional UDMA Dual-Slot USB High Performance Reader for £17.99 delivered...... throw away that Poundland junk now!
Edit: Fixed Link
Edit: Fixed Link
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:49
Link
Blythman wrote:
Link takes me to .... Dane-Elec Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Card - 8GB - Ultimate Pro 133x (class 6) - EXCLUSIVE DEAL! for £11.99
That looks a good deal as well? I've now fixed the link. Link takes me to .... Dane-Elec Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Card - 8GB - Ultimate Pro 133x (class 6) - EXCLUSIVE DEAL! for £11.99
Link Here as well
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 22/12/2010 - 13:07
Link
Sandisk Extreme iii but avoid cheap ones as they may be counterfeit.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 13:44
Link
Never knew you could get 'fake' memory cards...
I am eyeing something like this:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10
Is this any good o_0??
I am eyeing something like this:
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10
Is this any good o_0??
Still learning!
Zooms: DA12-24 | DA16-45 | DA*50-135 | DA55-300
Primes: FA31 | DFA100WR | M50F1.7
Fun: LensBaby Composer + Kit
Zooms: DA12-24 | DA16-45 | DA*50-135 | DA55-300
Primes: FA31 | DFA100WR | M50F1.7
Fun: LensBaby Composer + Kit
Posted 22/12/2010 - 13:49
Link
They sell it slightly cheaper from their Amazon outlet http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-16GB-SDHC-Class-Memory/dp/B002WE4HE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293025624&sr=8-1
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


80 posts
15 years
Milton Keynes
I am still new so please forgive my newbishness (I know this is not a real word =D).
I am just wondering which SD Memory card (SDHC to be specific) would you recommend getting as of the year 2010? Any brand you prefer?
Thanks in advance =)
Zooms: DA12-24 | DA16-45 | DA*50-135 | DA55-300
Primes: FA31 | DFA100WR | M50F1.7
Fun: LensBaby Composer + Kit