What's your latest acquisition?

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/03/2022 - 10:11
Did you buy the one on eBay Kris with the 28-105mm FA on the front?

Love that camera - it's the noise it makes when the shutter fires!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

womble

Link Posted 08/03/2022 - 11:04
cardiffgareth wrote:
Did you buy the one on eBay Kris with the 28-105mm FA on the front?

Love that camera - it's the noise it makes when the shutter fires!

No, it was a different one. Apparently they resemble busses... I was surprised how small the MZ-S is. Feels well built, however.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Last Edited by womble on 08/03/2022 - 11:06

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 09/03/2022 - 11:01
I've dug out my MZs which I've been planning to check and get rid of. Of the five I own, three have suffered the broken cog problem: an MZ-5N, an MZ-3 and an MZ-6. The survivors are another 5N and a 30.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 09/03/2022 - 11:02

bforbes

Link Posted 09/03/2022 - 11:18
On it's way, a Meyer Optik 100mm f2.8 . An early version with 14 blades in m42 mount
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Last Edited by bforbes on 09/03/2022 - 11:19

womble

Link Posted 09/03/2022 - 21:48
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I've dug out my MZs which I've been planning to check and get rid of. Of the five I own, three have suffered the broken cog problem: an MZ-5N, an MZ-3 and an MZ-6. The survivors are another 5N and a 30.

This is the first MZ series camera I have had that actually works. TBH, I've not been that interested in them either preferring A-series and earlier bodies. I've always been curious about this one model, and so far I rather like it. It is smaller than I imagined (makes the K-3iii feel large) but still has that well-built feel to it that I like. The other MZ series cameras I have had a passing acquaintance with all felt a bit flimsy.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 09/03/2022 - 22:22
Pentax FA 20-35mm on its way to me from Ffordes. Said light hazing in the listing. When I enquired about it the reply was there was no hazing in the optics?!! Well for £199 I'm gain!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/03/2022 - 01:35
Well done Barrie. You will love it. Just treat the iris gently.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 10/03/2022 - 09:30
womble wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:

This is the first MZ series camera I have had that actually works. TBH, I've not been that interested in them either preferring A-series and earlier bodies. I've always been curious about this one model, and so far I rather like it. It is smaller than I imagined (makes the K-3iii feel large) but still has that well-built feel to it that I like. The other MZ series cameras I have had a passing acquaintance with all felt a bit flimsy.

I haven't used an MZ for years but despite being light and flimsy they are remarkably small and feel quite good in the hand. I stuck my silver 43mm Limited on the MZ-30 yesterday and it's a lovely small combo and the only camera that the silver 43mm looks good on.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/03/2022 - 01:21
I put a landscape on the main gallery recently. It was taken by the Ensar/ K1 ensemble on the left. It's a 100mm f4.5. The other Ensar 105mm/ 4.5 on
the K3 has only just been cleaned and converted. You will notice that both are set to 'T' which keeps the shutter permanently open until you release it
(unlike 'B' which only keeps the shutter open while you are holding the release down). This lets you see what's going on in the viewfinder or in live
view while you focus - exactly like any other lens you might use.

They do look distinctly odd but the quality of the pictures they produce makes their appearance quite irrelevant. Once I have given the 'new' one a run
around the block I will post some of the results.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/03/2022 - 11:20
An FA 28mm f2.8 from LennyBloke. Since damaging my back in January, light weight primes have become strangely attractive.

Steve

Horst

Link Posted 12/03/2022 - 11:56
I bought a Asahi-Kogaku 50mm f3.5 lens from Japan. It arrived after 4 days in Melbourne.
I already had a 37-42mm adapter ring and fitted the M42 to K adapter together with a rubber O-Ring to keep the light out.
The lens is a 4 element Tessar copy and the Pictures are very sharp. This is another of my vintage lenses.
It does make great pictures.
Regards., Horst

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 12/03/2022 - 14:55
My new lens arrived today

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 12/03/2022 - 14:58
I've ordered an SFX with an F 50mm f/1.7. I recently got an F 50/1.7 but I like it a lot more than my FA (which I'll be selling soon) and also the DAL 50/1.8 so I reckoned I'd get a spare and get rid of the other AF 50s.

I don't need an SFX (I think I have three SFXns) but this one looks brand new in the photos so maybe I'll keep it.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/03/2022 - 23:57
Shucks! I was just about to ask if you wanted another one!

Defragged

Link Posted 13/03/2022 - 20:37
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall... Well it didn't fall of a wall but it certainly fell from grace.

Just acquired this Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f2.8 from a well known website. Described as in good order but with lots of dust. The seller however failed to mention a lumpy focus and a non working aperture. I honestly don't know how some people get away with such woeful cringeworthy descriptions. I should really have returned it but as they don't come up for auction all that often...

Anyway, it didn't come in bits, I've stripped it down following a careful inspection and decided to attempt some repairs. The aperture was dismantled, cleaned, rebuilt and re-installed prior to taking this snap. The rest of the body work has been thoroughly cleaned inside and out, the helicoid degreased and and new quality helicoid lubricant applied. The glass although filthy was otherwise unmarked, though some oil stains, probably as a result of outgassing were evident on the outside surfaces of the inners of both front and rear lens blocks. However, after a good clean all the glass has come up pristine with no damage whatsoever.

This is the lens now rebuilt with silky smooth action and apart from the odd minor scuff on the exterior paintwork it is now in perfect working order. It's been a long day today but well worth all the effort.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.