What's your latest acquisition?

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 30/12/2021 - 13:37
cardiffgareth wrote:
Santa finally came!

Very nice!
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 30/12/2021 - 20:03
They've cleaned up real nice, treated to some anti bac and then a nice polish which makes them look nice but now they're uber slippery in the hand.

Managed to break the eyecup when I was cleaning behind it so now looking what eyecup fits that's not going to break the bank!

Apparently any eye cup from the MZ range will fit but trying to locate on is another matter. Seen a few on Amazon for Canon cameras that look similar as not to deep under the eye aperture as to foul the back door but don't know if a Canon compatible eyecup will fit?

Added bonus was the 3 CR5 batteries but they're well out of date so may need to replace them and also came with the remote that wasn't listed with them.

Also wasn't listed but came with the cameras were 2 manuals. Gutted as I just bought the Hove guide! Oh well!

Anyone here with a Z-1P want a manual?!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

womble

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 07:05
Gareth... Pentax eye pieces have been the same size since the M series cameras so many Pentax eyecups will fit. The M42 (and IIRC the K series cameras) are slightly smaller. Eyecups from other marques don't really fit well.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 09:11
I bought the JJC soft silicone Pentax eyepiece from Amazon for the istD and seems good quality and fits securely. As womble says the same eyepiece fits all Pentax from M onwards however I believe the size of the diopter adjustment slot is bigger on later cameras so if you buy the latest eyepiece it is backward compatible.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70
Last Edited by PRYorkshire on 31/12/2021 - 09:12

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 09:27
Cheers Kris and Paul I had a JJC eye piece here for the KR that I'm using and fits but it's slightly too deep so I have to lift it half off to be able to open the film door!

I'll take a look at the *IstD eye cup and see if it's shallower at the bottom
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

womble

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 10:22
Let me know how well the double exposure facility works on the Z-1P. The cable release is the F?

Thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 31/12/2021 - 11:05
cardiffgareth wrote:
Cheers Kris and Paul I had a JJC eye piece here for the KR that I'm using and fits but it's slightly too deep so I have to lift it half off to be able to open the film door!

I'll take a look at the *IstD eye cup and see if it's shallower at the bottom

I have the JJC ones on my two Z1s and look at the extra depth as an extra protection against accidentally opening the film door.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 19/01/2022 - 12:35
I just received an SF7 with F 35-70mm (SMC version) and F 50/1.7. It's really just the 50mm I was interested in but had to take the whole package. I already have a 35-70mm as of a few months ago so this one will be sold on. I'm happy to send to the UK if anyone is interested but the risk of being slapped with import fees or taxes is there.

The 50mm is nice and solid, markedly better built than the later FA version. It's not as ugly on my K-3 as I had expected it to be either.

The SF7 looks fine but I'll need to find a battery for it before I can be sure. I'll probably run a roll through it so see how I like it and and least sell it on as film tested.

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 20/01/2022 - 10:01
The K70 has succumbed to the sticking aperture solenoid problem so I have ordered a K3 III from SRS. Looking forward to getting to use it over the weekend. I've also ordered a replacement white solenoid for the K70 and downloaded the instructions on how to replace it so hopefully the K70 will also live on as a back up when the flippy out screen saves my arthritic knees.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.