What's your latest acquisition?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 24/12/2021 - 08:51
Come on, Gareth, 2 x Z-1P isn't going to do the job. You need a minimum of 3 - one with B&W negative film, one with colour negative and one with slide film. Then you'll find that it will be a lot easier if you have separate bodies for low ISA and high ISA film. And matching lenses for each. GAS has no limits...

Steve

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/12/2021 - 09:00
cardiffgareth wrote:
Well my friend doesn't want to sell his MZ-S, even though he got it from his shed when I went to get it and also said the last time he put a roll of film through it was circa 12 years ago! Such a shame but you can't force anyone to sell anything they don't want to.

So I've bought 2 x Z-1P! Seller had a pair with lenses that are scrap which doesn't bother me as I'll put my lenses on them. Bargain at £50 the pair. I'll have one with colour and the other with black and white film!

I think you'll be better off with the Z-1Ps. I was going to buy one a short time ago but after negotiating everything the guy decided against it. He had been a little unpleasant through the process so I suppose he wasn't really decided at the outset.

I'll have to settle for my two slightly older Z-1s.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/12/2021 - 09:24
womble wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
What's the focus problem with the XR-X?

Focus on something c. 3m away, check the scale on the lens and it'll say 10m. Try to focus on something further away and it'll want you to go past infinity.

K.

Perhaps the focusing screen is out of position?
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 24/12/2021 - 17:58
Lubbyman wrote:
Come on, Gareth, 2 x Z-1P isn't going to do the job. You need a minimum of 3 - one with B&W negative film, one with colour negative and one with slide film. Then you'll find that it will be a lot easier if you have separate bodies for low ISA and high ISA film. And matching lenses for each. GAS has no limits...

Steve

Why stop at 3! There's so many film choices out there, I need at least 30

Bar the looks, as the MZ-S is such a good looking camera, I'll miss not having the ability to swap films out and for it to fast forward to where I left off.

To be fair I did toy with getting my own MZ-S when I knew it couldn't be mine as there's one on ebay for £150 but the battery door is broke so it's a tape down jobbie. I read the P-1p has a metal mirror return cog and it's the better out of the 2 for reliability and also there's only 1 place that can fix that defect and that's a place in Japan so I thought nah, P-1p it is but dang it suffers so bad on looks compared to the MZ-S
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

RichardC

Link Posted 25/12/2021 - 07:50
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

I recognise this! As soon as I’d run a couple of rolls of B&W film through a recently acquired spotmatic then I just had to have another film body for colour or low ISO B&W. Too used to the convenience of digital in this respect!

I was also tempted by looks (combined with function of course) so went for a black MX.

GAS is even worse than LBA!

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 26/12/2021 - 17:19
I've just ordered the new TTartisans shoe-mounted light meter in silver. It's been out of stock from their own shop every time I've looked but it's finally available from Amazon Spain and they only had two left. I'd have preferred black but well, it'll still look nice on any of my older film cameras.

womble

Link Posted 27/12/2021 - 09:29
Jonathan-Mac wrote:

Certainly one possibility especially has it has interchangeable screens. I've not had the chance to check as I've been unpacking for the last week...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

co049

Link Posted 27/12/2021 - 18:00
Just picked up a second hand SMC 21mm f3.2 Limited, not really had chance to try it out but it does produce some very sharp images.
Chris,

Pentax K1ii, K3, K-m & MX-1.
Pentax LX, MX, ME Super & MV.
"Old Skool" with the new!
Last Edited by co049 on 27/12/2021 - 18:01

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 28/12/2021 - 09:22
womble wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:

Certainly one possibility especially has it has interchangeable screens. I've not had the chance to check as I've been unpacking for the last week...

One of my Nikon F801s had this problem a few weeks ago - I'd AF on something but I could clearly see it was well out of focus. I thought the AF system was scr*wed but looking into the camera I saw that the screen had dropped out of place by several millimetres.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 28/12/2021 - 12:35
And my latest photographic acquisition is......

.... a mat for kneeling on when photographing flowers, fungi and other things that hang around at low level outdoors. Delivered by Santa and hand made by my wife and one of my daughters. Waterproof, wipeable fabric on the underside, tough fabric on the upper side, padded, rolls up neatly, sized to fit me, and can be attached to my photography backpack. Not exactly a complete surprise as I'd dropped hints and left a specification where it could easily be seen. But I had no idea that the hints had been taken up. The trouble is, it looks so nice in its pristine state that I feel relectant to get it dirty!

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 29/12/2021 - 01:11
Mega useful prezzy. For myself I would like a stout stick as well to help me get back up again.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

womble

Link Posted 29/12/2021 - 07:49
Certainly beats the bit of black plastic I sometimes use!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 29/12/2021 - 10:27
That wee mat is an absolute brill piece of kit, Lubbyman. As for davidwozhere's comment about a stick to help him get back up again, that not only resonated but made me laugh out loud. Outstanding. A lovely couple of posts.
Be well, stay well.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 29/12/2021 - 12:06
womble wrote:
Certainly beats the bit of black plastic I sometimes use!

Precisely the reason why I was dropping hints. An unequal and unsuccessful struggle with a bin liner was the last straw.

davidwozhere wrote:
For myself I would like a stout stick as well to help me get back up again.

It's called a monopod. Also useful for supporting a camera when you've got back up again .

Steve

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 30/12/2021 - 12:04
Santa finally came!

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.