Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

What has upset this ME Super?

spbatt
Posted 24/05/2004 - 11:13 Link
Hello fellow Pentax users,

I may be being dense but I have not come up across this problem before - let me explain...

The "Auto" and "Manual" positions do not work at all on the camera, it reacts as if the mechanical (without battery) shutter was always active i.e.1/125. I've put new batteries in to be sure that the problem was not related to them, the LEDs are working fine as well as the exposure measurement system giving close values compared to my other camera. The system is not following the shutter speed value proposed by the exposure measurement and the shutter closes systematically at the same 1/125 speed. I've placed the lens cap on the 50 mm to see what would happen, and the shutter closed at 1/125 as if the dark didn't exist!

Huge thanks to anyone who has a notion of why this hardly used ME Super is behaving in this odd way.

All the best,
Simon
Kim C
Posted 24/05/2004 - 12:48 Link
Hi Simon,
The MES used an electro-mechanical shutter. It would appear the fault is with this. Although the metering appears to worki, the shutter is only behaving in its mech mode. Looks likem a repair or replace job to me.

Regards
Kim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.