Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Well what D'you know???

jules
Posted 19/06/2017 - 21:44 Link
Algernon wrote:
Better than running after a building with a MF tilt shift lens and the sun setting fast

I wonder how many mountains, hills, trees and forests have run or flown away from jules

--

He He...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
jules
Posted 19/06/2017 - 21:47 Link
RobL wrote:
jules wrote:
Quote:
Can't the ROM be hacked on these to make them screwdrive?

--

Yep it can Algi and sometimes I feel that all lenses should still be screwdriven, noisey but it always seemed to work?

Hmmm, noisily and fruitlessly hunting back and forth whist the subject has got bored and flown away!

Some of the best birding/aviation shots I ever took were with a Nikon D70 and a screw driven 80-400mm lens, on the wildlife front, deer were great coz when you focused they looked right at you!
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
McBrian
Posted 20/06/2017 - 10:03 Link
I've had 3 Pentax DA16-50 lenses, all 3 have had focus issues even after a full sevice with board and motor replacement, in comparison the Tokina screw drive version has never ever let me down in another marquee.

On a side note, the D500 is no more buggy that any other camera but the AF is.... well....pretty awsome
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Edited by McBrian: 20/06/2017 - 10:05
davidtrout
Posted 20/06/2017 - 15:47 Link
I've had DA* zoom lenses for almost ten years and they have been used extensively so when the SDM packs up (twice with the 50-135mm and now the 16-50mm is playing up) and Johnsons fix them quickly and efficiently I put it down to wear and tear, cough up and get on with it. Paying for the repair is a lot cheaper than buying new lenses.
But I do wonder about converting to screw drive auto focus. I recently used my Sigma 10-20mm for the first time in ages and it snapped into focus on the K5 in a split second.
Does anyone know if Johnson's do retro conversion to screw drive?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.