Weekly competition no.193: Numbers
Posted 21/03/2011 - 20:16
Link
I am in
I seem to have a bit of a hang-up about the colour red this week
I seem to have a bit of a hang-up about the colour red this week
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 22/03/2011 - 11:59
Link
In too
Posted 22/03/2011 - 18:12
Link
I'm In as well.
I thought I should do something to balance out aliengrove's beautiful, pristine and clean image .
Glyn
I thought I should do something to balance out aliengrove's beautiful, pristine and clean image .
Glyn
Posted 22/03/2011 - 20:25
Link
I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane :
Do the passengers know that the crew spend all their time taking photographs for photographic competitions
Do the passengers know that the crew spend all their time taking photographs for photographic competitions
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 22/03/2011 - 21:04
Link
Hyram wrote:
I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane : ...
I guess the auto-pilot is doing all the mundane parts of the flight. Jon's probably got nothing else to do .I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane : ...
As a one-time designer and programmer of micro-controller applications I am both pleased and amused to see that Jon's plane is doing 256 knots. This is a nice round number in binary and hexadecimal (0x100) and wonder if it is an in-joke of the system implementer .
Glyn
Posted 23/03/2011 - 05:37
Link
Hyram wrote:
I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane :
Do the passengers know that the crew spend all their time taking photographs for photographic competitions
On a twelve hour flight (half of which is spent in the bunk as there's two crews on very long flights) not much to do except eat, read the paper, and look out the windowI'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane :
Do the passengers know that the crew spend all their time taking photographs for photographic competitions
Oh and monitor everything, talk to ATC, and keep an eye on the weather.
GlynM wrote:
As a one-time designer and programmer of micro-controller applications I am both pleased and amused to see that Jon's plane is doing 256 knots. This is a nice round number in binary and hexadecimal (0x100) and wonder if it is an in-joke of the system implementer .
Glyn
Indicated airspeed is a function of the Mach number we are flying and density altitude so varies but the number in my picture did amuse me as it is the same as the number of colours the screen it is displayedHyram wrote:
I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane : ...
I guess the auto-pilot is doing all the mundane parts of the flight. Jon's probably got nothing else to do .I'm getting worried about aliengrove - when does he find the time to actually fly the plane : ...
As a one-time designer and programmer of micro-controller applications I am both pleased and amused to see that Jon's plane is doing 256 knots. This is a nice round number in binary and hexadecimal (0x100) and wonder if it is an in-joke of the system implementer .
Glyn
on can display....
Posted 25/03/2011 - 15:42
Link
I'm In.
Have difficulty with numeracy..... so had to fall back on Photoshop to help.
Have difficulty with numeracy..... so had to fall back on Photoshop to help.
Posted 26/03/2011 - 19:31
Link
I`m in - just !!
Tony
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1425 posts
18 years
Geneva
500px