Weekly Competition #95 - Orange discussion
Posted 27/04/2009 - 11:33
Link
Good choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
david
Posted 27/04/2009 - 11:44
Link
It's a good job Martin(MALO) doesn't enter the weekly compo,he comes from the land of Orange. Is that your crafty plan,to entice him back Hefty?Tony
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
Posted 27/04/2009 - 12:50
Link
I did wonder if we might see some football shirts from our Dutch friends...
Joining the Q
Posted 27/04/2009 - 16:22
Link
Tony-O wrote:
It's a good job Martin(MALO) doesn't enter the weekly compo,he comes from the land of Orange. Is that your crafty plan,to entice him back Hefty?Tony
I think, you know by now, I never go for the obvious. So .....if I had not restricted myself it would be No Tulips, No shirts and No flags. It's a good job Martin(MALO) doesn't enter the weekly compo,he comes from the land of Orange. Is that your crafty plan,to entice him back Hefty?Tony
Good luck with the comp.
Martin.
Posted 27/04/2009 - 17:35
Link
Malo1961 wrote:
I think, you know by now, I never go for the obvious. So .....if I had not restricted myself it would be No Tulips, No shirts and No flags.
Good luck with the comp.
Martin.
You notice he didn't rule out fruit
I think, you know by now, I never go for the obvious. So .....if I had not restricted myself it would be No Tulips, No shirts and No flags.
Good luck with the comp.
Martin.
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 27/04/2009 - 18:40
Link
davidtrout wrote:
Good choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
I can see a mono one, b&w will be the challengeGood choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 27/04/2009 - 19:29
Link
Prieni wrote:
Prieni
watch this space..........I have an idea!davidtrout wrote:
Good choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
I can see a mono one, b&w will be the challengeGood choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
Prieni
that's what I love about this forum ...it challenges me and get me trying stuff!
Posted 27/04/2009 - 20:59
Link
Please don't mention the word ''clockwork''Tony.
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
Posted 27/04/2009 - 21:19
Link
Lilly wrote:
that's what I love about this forum ...it challenges me and get me trying stuff!
I know what you mean. The second I wrote that I had an idea that could work. You won't make anything without an idea but it has to be carried out well otherwise it'll never fly. And I don't know if I am prepared to invest so much time in it...Prieni wrote:
Prieni
watch this space..........I have an idea!davidtrout wrote:
Good choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
I can see a mono one, b&w will be the challengeGood choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
Prieni
that's what I love about this forum ...it challenges me and get me trying stuff!
I'm looking forward to see if your idea is anything close to what I had in mind...
Go for it, Lilly!
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 27/04/2009 - 21:25
Link
Lilly wrote:
that's what I love about this forum ...it challenges me and get me trying stuff!
Most interesting indeed given the criteria :-Prieni wrote:
Prieni
watch this space..........I have an idea!davidtrout wrote:
Good choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
I can see a mono one, b&w will be the challengeGood choice Hefty, it will be a real challenge for someone wanting to win with a mono pic.
david
Prieni
that's what I love about this forum ...it challenges me and get me trying stuff!
"Orange is my favourite colour so let's see lots of it......."
I shall have to check in regularly to see what transpires
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 28/04/2009 - 17:34
Link
I was so tempted to submit something like this:
Duck a la Orange
[IMG]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/MGraley/mine2.jpg[/IMG]
Duck a la Orange
[IMG]http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/MGraley/mine2.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 02/05/2009 - 23:13
Link
Cracking entries so far!
Whoever wins this can be very proud.
I was on a brand new orange lifeboat the Saturday before this competition and I had my camera but I was all photo'd out and could be bothered Wish I'd known...
Whoever wins this can be very proud.
I was on a brand new orange lifeboat the Saturday before this competition and I had my camera but I was all photo'd out and could be bothered Wish I'd known...
Posted 03/05/2009 - 17:33
Link
Good luck to hefty 1
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4018 posts
19 years
Buckinghamshire,
UK