Weekly competition #72
Posted 19/11/2008 - 20:46
Link
I looked at the subject, then looked out of the office window..it was dark; and that was about 2pm
Looks like I may be using a torch for the light
Looks like I may be using a torch for the light
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 19/11/2008 - 21:52
Link
Well I must say David has created a great big stick to beat himself with! It is only Wednesday and there is tremendous crop of submissions.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 20/11/2008 - 10:36
Link
Gartmore thinks I have created a big stick to beat myself with but I'd rather have lots of great entries than a poor turnout. As for Father Ted's torchlight entries, I'd settle for that, or candles or glow worms -whatever you think.
david
david
Posted 21/11/2008 - 20:04
Link
It is a very interesting competition, so thank you to David for stepping up to the task and setting the topic.
I am glad that we did not wait for cabstar to log on again
I am glad that we did not wait for cabstar to log on again
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 21/11/2008 - 21:08
Link
Ooops ---- I'm sorry but I've put a comment on one of the entries for the competition. I thought I was still looking at the gallery. Is it possible for a moderator to remove the comment? Sorry again!!!
Steve
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
Posted 21/11/2008 - 21:23
Link
I can, but a clue as to which image would be helpful!
Best regards, John
Posted 21/11/2008 - 21:43
Link
johnriley wrote:
I can, but a clue as to which image would be helpful!
The poppy by Daniel Bridge.
I can, but a clue as to which image would be helpful!
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 21/11/2008 - 23:34
Link
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 22/11/2008 - 08:25
Link
johnriley wrote:
Sorted, thank you!
Thank you John.
Sorted, thank you!
Steve
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
Posted 22/11/2008 - 08:35
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
If I told you, your head might swell
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 22/11/2008 - 09:25
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
Last time I made a predicament I was proven wrong, so I'll stay quit this time.
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
Posted 22/11/2008 - 11:44
Link
None of this will infuence my judging so you can chataway and comment as much as you like among yourselves, I'm like a High Court Judge, totally beyond prejudice, and will act only on the evidence before my eyes. The odd £5 note in a plain envelope might persuade me however!
david
david
Posted 22/11/2008 - 18:46
Link
Hyram wrote:
Nah, it's pretty much at full capacity already! Daniel Bridge wrote:
Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
If I told you, your head might swell Aw, I didn't see it - what was the comment?!?
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6724 posts
20 years
Glasgow,
Scotland
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -