Weekly competition #72
Posted 18/11/2008 - 10:02
Link
It doesn't seem to have been posted yet. I'm guessing the proceedure would be to wait for another day or so, then if there still isn't anything the second placed person should set one? This would be David Trout.
Robert.
Robert.
Posted 18/11/2008 - 10:04
Link
Nihilism?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 18/11/2008 - 13:23
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Am I missing something here? What is the new topic?
I think that cabstar has gone AWOL Am I missing something here? What is the new topic?
I guess that JR will intervene if we run into Wednesday without any news.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 18/11/2008 - 15:07
Link
womble wrote:
Nihilism?
Had to look this one up, these are my 3 favourite deffinitions:Nihilism?
1) An extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence;
2) A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated;
3) A delusion, experienced in some mental disorders, that the world or one's mind, body, or self does not exist.
Or: A diffuse, revolutionary movement of mid 19th-century Russia that scorned authority and tradition and believed in reason, materialism, and radical change in society and government through terrorism and assassination.
So, here it is, my entry:
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Posted 18/11/2008 - 15:11
Link
Anyone brave enough to email Cabstar via his website (details under his profile)?
I'm not .
Maybe the subject should be "missing" .
Robert.
I'm not .
Maybe the subject should be "missing" .
Robert.
Posted 19/11/2008 - 09:20
Link
There has still been no response, so I have just asked davidtrout to start a new competition.
Should our second in line be missing as well, then I will start one later on!
Should our second in line be missing as well, then I will start one later on!
Best regards, John
Posted 19/11/2008 - 10:13
Link
I'm not missing and I've posted the subject for next week - contre jour photography, shooting aginst the light.
david.
david.
Posted 19/11/2008 - 10:43
Link
Thanks David - and interesting subject!
Posted 19/11/2008 - 11:15
Link
It has not appeared yet under the competitions section - presumably there is a time lag :
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 19/11/2008 - 11:18
Link
John says IT have to approve it before it's put into the competition box as I wasn't the last winner. It should appear very soon.
david
david
Posted 19/11/2008 - 11:39
Link
Excellent subject! I don't think I have anything suitable so I'll have to shoot something for the comp this week - any excuse will do for me.
Joining the Q
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


10344 posts
20 years
The Netherlands