Vitsoe factory

RobL
Posted 27/05/2018 - 00:06 Link
Last year the Danish furniture company opened a new factory in Leamington Spa on the site of a former Ford foundry, wedged between a busy road, railway and sprawling retail sheds. The steeply sloping ground was contoured into waves with what looked like bare subsoil, not the usual anodyne easycare ground cover. Since completion it has looked unfinished but this week the landscape exploded into life with wild flowers, primarily poppies, bringing a feast for the eyes in this otherwise boring location, and drawing in butterflies and bees. In my photos I wanted to keep the building referenced.
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
bjolester
Posted 27/05/2018 - 00:35 Link
The red poppies are eyecatching, I especially like the second to last image.
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
davidwozhere
Posted 27/05/2018 - 00:48 Link
It looks as if they were sown deliberately and if that is the case, well done Vitsoe ! You have captured some beautiful images here and you are right - including the building enhances them (and does the company a favour).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
vic cross
Posted 27/05/2018 - 07:03 Link
Some poppy seeds can lay dormant for 100 years then all it takes is a harsh winter then up they come.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 27/05/2018 - 10:15 Link
Well seen... nice juxtaposition... gt idea for a project...

Best
RobL
Posted 27/05/2018 - 10:38 Link
Thanks very much everyone, theses are a selection of about 22 I took. I used a K1 with a 24-70mm, 70-200mm and 15-30mm in that order, the first two with polarisers. Nice idea about a project, Bill, I will keep an eye and return during the year to see what develops.
MrB
Posted 27/05/2018 - 11:55 Link
A very successful set, Rob. I can hear the camera club judge complaining about shooting in bright middle-of-day sun, but these images show that, with vision, creativity and skill, there are good photos to be captured whatever the light.

Philip
LennyBloke
Posted 28/05/2018 - 19:47 Link
An excellent set, particularly considering the limited number of elements and the bright lighting. To produce variety coupled with quality like this shows the photographers skills
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 28/05/2018 - 22:13 Link
number 2 for me please.
RobL
Posted 29/05/2018 - 09:35 Link
Thanks again for such kind comments. To follow up I sent these to the factory as a thank you for the display, and received a lovely reply that the ground had been seeded with wild flowers but even they had been taken by surprise at the result. Also received an invite to visit so it will be great to see inside this little gem of a building.
Algernon
Posted 29/05/2018 - 12:10 Link
These all look great.

What's all that pather on the path (as they say in Cheshire we call it shi* ). It's also on the brickwork. Looks like they forgot to put any crossfall away from the building.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Sry
Posted 29/05/2018 - 12:42 Link
Nice, vibrant series of images. I rather like that they were shot in the midday light.
RobL
Posted 02/06/2018 - 19:45 Link
Postscript to these, i was invited to an event at the factory launching a new permanent collection of iconic Braun items donated by an American collector. Highlight was meeting and having a long and interesting chat with Deuter Rams, the designer behind these products from the 1970s and 1980s and who had flown over specially. The connection was that Deuter also designed the Vitsoe furniture range which they are still manufacturing here today. Interesting where photography leads us, we were also treated to a dramatic dance by a troupe who use the same factory space so if any come out I will post some photos.
Edited by RobL: 02/06/2018 - 19:47
derek897
Posted 03/06/2018 - 07:47 Link
Looking forward to some of those too. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I know what i like, If not always why.
Algernon
Posted 03/06/2018 - 08:32 Link
I'm on my 3rd Braun Kettle. Fed up with the design, but the kettle works perfectly with no condensation or leaks. The 1st one lasted 18 years the 2nd 6 years and I've had the current one 6 months. I've had two fancy kettles in between but they left puddles on the kitchen worktop so had to go very quickly.

This is the model....
https://mydeal.lk/braun-electric-jug-kettle-wk300?quantity=1&deal_id=5429

Bought mine from Amazon.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 03/06/2018 - 08:33

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo