Used bargains

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 31/10/2017 - 08:31
From a branch of a chain of used goods shops, the best photography bargain I ever got was a Canon EOS 300 (old plasticky film SLR) with a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 for Ä25. It's nice to have film cameras with really good AF but I prefer manual focus cameras and sometimes think I should sell it off to get something I'd use more.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

asbo

Link Posted 30/01/2020 - 20:13
Bit of thread necromancy, but:
I got a Vivitar 100-200 f4 1:3 Macro for £17.90. PK mount. In its original packaging. Front cap missing but skylight filter in place. Seems to be immaculate.
I like it, works like a telephoto and long distance macro on a Q10.
Took a quick picture of the cat with it.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 30/01/2020 - 20:54
A nice thread here;

Several bargains in the form of 4 (I know, Iíll sell a couple) ME Supers. Seals changed on all, one door is more desperate for sanding and repainting. All electronics work. The most recent, black, one was lazy to start when I first received but seems to be working quite nicely now. I think I need to relubricate the winder lever but will do that another time. The black one was the most expensive at £25 posted.

An MX at £20 + p&p. Slightly corroded battery cap but little issue. Polished up, batteries in and away to go! Need to change the seals on this but got some film in there right now. Again, everything seems to work just fine.

A lens which could prove to be a nice little bargain... should arrive early next week so will update when it does.

smc

Link Posted 24/02/2020 - 18:39
My best is a Ricoh GR1 (film version) for £6.

HarisF1

Link Posted 24/02/2020 - 20:42
Pentax K-3 for £150

It's got a minor crack near the shutter button but it's perfect for me. I loved my first K-3 and there hasn't been a camera that fits as nicely in my hand.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.