urban sprawl

08tiger

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 07:03
Getting closer

The view from our front gate being spoiled.
C&C welcome.
Don.

RobL

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 09:11
How awful for you. Development is a Catch 22, the more it spreads the more transport is needed to get about: housing here is dreadfully inefficient with 70% of the land going to car use space but nothing is being done to address that, developers just given carte blanche to gobble up farmland and countryside.

loadoftripe

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 09:37
If it's for housing;
No doubt the type and style of housing, if that is what is planned, will be the awful minimalist land footage with barely a metre of front garden, miles of rear garden fencing for privacy of a few more metres if you are lucky. No where to park, one space per household if again you're lucky. 3 story high or more.....
There is a Newtown near Plymouth, Sherford, and years on from the beginning, as your picture, and it's still going, massive building site. I can't believe people are buying them and feel sorry for those that have.
Just my humble opinion lol. I'll get off my box now....

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 09:57
Whatever one thinks of housing developments, some of the machinery used to build it is fascinating. And this is a fine picture, contrasting the hard, angular, brightly coloured machine against the soft, gently undulating, subtly shaded distant landscape. I like it (a comment on the picture, not the housing development ).

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 07/09/2021 - 19:05
Very fine picture both from a lighting and perspective point of view
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/09/2021 - 10:59
It's a great juxtaposition image as you have the rolling distant hills that scream calm and then you have that bright wasp like digger in the foreground just turfing it all up.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.