Two different versions from Aldeburgh
Posted 25/02/2012 - 15:35
Link
Easily #2. The water draining back through the pebbles and the wave action a little further out both add a lot of interest to this lovely shot.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 25/02/2012 - 18:42
Link
^Thanks for your comments!
The more I look at it the more I prefer the second!
The more I look at it the more I prefer the second!
Posted 26/02/2012 - 10:43
Link
I think they both have their merits and indded they are both shots I would be proud to have taken.
No 1 because as you said you can still see the pebbles and No 2 because
of the movement portrayed in the water.
Both fine shots.
No 1 because as you said you can still see the pebbles and No 2 because
of the movement portrayed in the water.
Both fine shots.
Chunky
Posted 26/02/2012 - 11:42
Link
No2 I think it has more interest in the foreground and the breaking wave hold you into the image and guides you to the Groins.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/02/2012 - 16:46
Link
I prefer #2 because of the movement
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 26/02/2012 - 16:48
Link
Groins? I suspect you wanted a different word. One not associated with pain and privacy. Try groynes.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 26/02/2012 - 16:50
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Groins? I suspect you wanted a different word. One not associated with pain and privacy. Try groynes.
G
Correct.
Groins? I suspect you wanted a different word. One not associated with pain and privacy. Try groynes.
G
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/02/2012 - 20:22
Link
After some deliberation, I think I prefer the first. For the tranquility.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 26/02/2012 - 23:55
Link
Chalk up another for #1, but it's a very close call
By the way did you get your feet wet?
What exposure did you use?
Bernard
By the way did you get your feet wet?
What exposure did you use?
Bernard
Posted 27/02/2012 - 06:22
Link
Thanks again for the comments guys!
Yes I did get wet feet at one point but only because I was dumb and didn't notice the water coming further up the beach. Lol
Will post up exposure info later!
Cheers
Yes I did get wet feet at one point but only because I was dumb and didn't notice the water coming further up the beach. Lol
Will post up exposure info later!
Cheers
Posted 28/02/2012 - 21:24
Link
these were both shot 1 sec at f/13 iso 80.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


226 posts
14 years
1,
[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/tom4mo/IMGP8454.jpg[/IMG]
i liked this one because the pebbles are still visible through the water and the water still shows movement.
2,
[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/tom4mo/IMGP8455.jpg[/IMG]
i like the streaking in the water in this one.
which one do you prefer?
thanks for looking