Get 10% Off Eversure Camera Insurance Today!

Touring - Multiple Exposures

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 17:37
Some multiple exposures/ICM from my travels... all Pentax K1/K1II... various lenses, inc DFA 24-70, FA 24-90, PLM 55-300, FAJ 75-300

1. Beach Hut, nr Inverness

2. Water Creature, Cambridge

3. Bullrushes, Inverness

4. Blackpool Tower

5. Flag, Loch Ness

6. Reflection, Woking

7. Howling Gale, Rhyl

8. Seagulls, Rhyl

9. Beach Huts, Lancing

10. Flag, Loch Ness

11. Reflections, Birmingham

12. Forest, Dingle Peninsular

13. Pond, Milton Keynes

14. Copse, Malvern Hills

All thoughts, observations etc gratefully received...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook

swarf

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 18:50
Bill

Very interesting collection - it's the more abstract ones that catch my eye, with Nos. 5 & 8 being the ones that really do it for me.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

RobL

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 18:57
An interesting set, not many know that Pentax cameras have great potential in this sort of creative work, far more so than others, and maybe we donít explore it enough (not you, obviously).

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 20:13
What I like about your work Bill is the fact that you have to look further into the image and it becomes more impressionable art than photograph and they can simply take your breath away
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 21:56
Nice set Bill.

I do like the Impressionable feel to several of these that Gareth refers to.

Stand out one for me is No.8 with its manta rays taking to the sky...then No.5...with its Scottishness, then No.9 for sheer creativity.

I've never dabbled with multiple exposure but do intend to give it a go sometime soon.

Regards

Karlo

davidwozhere

Link Posted 05/02/2019 - 01:17
I would happily put the last one on my wall and I went back to Milton Keynes Pond several times; it's mesmerising. I find Blackpool Tower quite haunting for some reason. These really show the potential for creativity. Great set.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

carmagw

Link Posted 05/02/2019 - 09:17
A very interesting set. As others have mentioned, some of these are mesmerising. Number 9 is my personal favourite as everytime I look at it I seem to see something different.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

George

derek897

Link Posted 05/02/2019 - 13:32
Stand out shot for me is no 4, the tower and light just lend themselves to this perfectly.
Followed closely by 5, 8 and 13.
But overall a very accomplished set,
Its not something I've tried out yet, but I'm sure it takes some amount of vision and skill to produce anything like these.

Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.

Defragged

Link Posted 05/02/2019 - 18:43
My thoughts mirror what masny have already said.

Creative, interesting, thought provoking and different.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

pschlute

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 00:12
Got to say Bill, this is in my opinion the best series that you have shown us. I know I may be going out on a limb here as you have presented some excellent series, but all of these really grab me.

Fantastic work.
Peter

My Flickr page

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 12:06
Thanks all for positive thoughts re these...

Rob, totally agree... Pentax has a huge advantage over many other brands in terms of number of shots it can take in Multiple Exposure mode... 2000 on the K1 vs 10 for the Canon 5DIII... the one thing they are short of currently is dark blend mode though (which Andy - AlfPics - got round in Photoshop - or equivalent - the other day to great effect with his excellent layered shot of the birds over the pier in the Gallery)... if they can sort this In Camera (and many other brands currently offer it) they'll have a significant competitive advantage in this field... fingers crossed...

Phil, Gareth, Karlo, David, George, Derek, Defragged, Peter, thanks very much for observations and faves... always useful and much appreciated... have very much enjoyed both taking these, and putting them together...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook

RobL

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 12:48
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Thanks all for positive thoughts re these...

Rob, totally agree... Pentax has a huge advantage over many other brands in terms of number of shots it can take in Multiple Exposure mode... 2000 on the K1 vs 10 for the Canon 5DIII... the one thing they are short of currently is dark blend mode though (which Andy - AlfPics - got round in Photoshop - or equivalent - the other day to great effect with his excellent layered shot of the birds over the pier in the Gallery)... if they can sort this In Camera (and many other brands currently offer it) they'll have a significant competitive advantage in this field... fingers crossed...

Hi Bill, I was on a course with Valda Bailey who does amazing multi-exposures and she was just running through the capabilities of different cameras, some did up to ten, Sony you need a special app to do a couple, and so on, then she said ďRobís Pentax does 2000!Ē You could have heard a pin drop. Smug looks from Canikon owners vanished. Dark blend mode is one she uses a lot and yes please Pentax bring it in - maybe even as a software update.

Even my K50 does 10 multi! I think the reason the K1 does so many is the capability for the interval setting, another feature I havenít tried yet.
Last Edited by RobL on 06/02/2019 - 12:54

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 14:07
Thanks very much for this Rob... yes, Valda and Doug have been at the forefront of this technique for a few years now... both are brilliant, imho... did a course with them too a few years back (their one day one in central London)... don't know if their recent custom edited Tutorial Videos were thrown in as part of your course, but well worth sniffing out if not... not cheap (£170ish for the whole lot), but full of the kind of detail and specifics that can be quite difficult to cover when out in the field... re Pentax, am hoping that Dark Blend could be added as you say via Firmware... interesting what you say re the possible reason behind 2000 on the K1 being the interval setting... hadn't thought of that...

Thanks and best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 19:57
A very creative set / vision served by a very creative mind - quite varied yet coherent, riding a fine line between figurative, abstract and all-out fantasy. They all benefit from a good long look, and another, and another... no sense picking favourites as they all have much to reveal given time and scrutiny. Those, however, that might correspond most to my own sensitivity would be the Dingle Forest (all mixed up, or down, or... yet clear to see, it's all a matter of perspective isn't it?) and the Howling Gale (there's so much going on in that sky above the apparently barren land). Yes, really really love that one - favourite!

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 07/02/2019 - 12:07
Thanks Serge for detailed thoughts re these... much appreciated...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.