To grip or not?
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 22/12/2010 - 17:54
Link
I have a grip for my K20D. But since getting a second body I haven't bothered using it since. I carry spare SD cards, batteries and some lenses in a couple of bum bags.
I also never used the vertical shutter button on the grip.
I also never used the vertical shutter button on the grip.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 23/12/2010 - 08:56
Link
I bought a grip for my K10D and posed with the best of them. Funny how many people said that I must have an excellent camera simply because it was big! It, however, annoyed the hell out of me. More often than not I carry the camera around my neck while out and about and I find the camera doing odd things because the grip controls have been knocked by my clothes. For example, I messed up a series of shots because the ISO had been inadvertently set to 3200 which is utterly unusable on the K20D (I very rarely go over 400). I only put the grip on now when I know I am going to be using the DA* 50-135mm a fair bit as I like the counter-balance to the lens.
In fact my grip is up for sale if anyone cares to dig deep enough into the for sale section to find the listing...
K.
In fact my grip is up for sale if anyone cares to dig deep enough into the for sale section to find the listing...
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 23/12/2010 - 23:13
Link
Use one on my K-5 but only because I got one of the cheap £40 grips that basically look and perform just as good as the orinal £200 Pentax version. I could noty imagine taking it off now if only for the balance and feel.
Dave
Dave
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2523 posts
16 years
Here,
there,
everywhere
My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook