Tintern Trio

japers45
Posted 14/07/2011 - 22:42 Link
A morning spent in Tintern South Wales. C&C much appreciated
#1
Comment Image

#2
Comment Image

#3
Comment Image
Northgrain
Posted 15/07/2011 - 09:01 Link
For me #2 is the pick of these - really interesting angles and shapes - although maybe just a little could be cropped from the top - to about the bottom of the window on the far right (emphasis on sky here slightly distracts from all the interesting stuff underneath).

The other two seem a little dark in the areas I want to see (but this might be my monitor :wink
thoughton
Posted 15/07/2011 - 14:03 Link
2 for me too. In 1 and 3 you've exposed for the sky (good decision ) so you will need to lift the shadows in PP. In Lighrroom this could be via fill light + contrast, or brightness + blacks, or curves. Or a combination of all three!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
trickletreat
Posted 15/07/2011 - 16:39 Link
It looks like you had a good day out. I like the composition in all three. I agree re cropping no.2, and attempting to lighten the shadows of 1,3.

If I had to choose just one, the I really like the tones in 2.

Nigel
SteveEveritt
Posted 15/07/2011 - 19:40 Link
Number 2 great angles, great contrast, great shadows, the sky seen through the rear windows could do with being toned down a little though
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
japers45
Posted 16/07/2011 - 19:19 Link
Thanks for the comments.

I have been struggling to get a good sky (often overexposed) so glad I did a good job in 1 & 2- my PP skills are a little rudimentary but I will have a look at tryng to bring out the shadows (I may lose the sky though?). 2 definately needs cropping but I wouldnt have seen it without the comments- I think I have a tendancy to crop left and right but sometimes forget top and bottom.

Very constructive, cheers

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo