Two new IR ones today - Lepe Beach
Posted 16/07/2011 - 22:40
Link
I definitely prefer #1, mainly due to the sharpness and interest of the foreground. Yes, the clouds in #2 are very dramatic, but for me they don't quite work with the subject. I like the way that in #1 the cross element is isolated from the background sky.
If ever I buy the K5 then my K10D is off for IR conversion - definitely inspired by your recent series of images.
EM
If ever I buy the K5 then my K10D is off for IR conversion - definitely inspired by your recent series of images.
EM
Posted 17/07/2011 - 07:54
Link
Two good shots. Great skies in both.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


574 posts
19 years
Hampshire,
UK
Two views of the same post at Lepe Beach in the New Forest. No crucifixions here - until recently it held up a big diamond-shaped sign to warn shipping of a pipeline, but now it is a bit derelict. Since the subject of critiques has come up in another thread I'll add that I'm posting these because people seem to enjoy seeing them, and it also seems to be stimulating more interest in IR. I'd be interested in what people think of these two very different images.
1. The aim with this one was to achieve a very stable image, perhaps a reaction to the buffeting of the wind...
2. A more dramatic composition half an hour later on the return leg of the walk once the clouds had changed. I do love using clouds...
Also on 500px