Time Lapse Video
Posted 25/04/2012 - 23:53
Link
Sorry can't help with the setting up, but you can download another copy from :-
www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/q.pdf
regards
Bernard
www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/q.pdf
regards
Bernard
Posted 26/04/2012 - 00:42
Link
That looks a useful function on both the Q and K-01 and it isn't on the K-5 without the use of third party software.
Maybe that April 1st K-3 has it.
John
Maybe that April 1st K-3 has it.
John
John K
Posted 26/04/2012 - 10:29
Link
Bernard thanks for the link. just downloaded it to my phone which will be handy when out and about
Adrian
Adrian
Posted 26/04/2012 - 10:33
Link
[quote]it isn't on the K-5 without the use of third party software/quote]
What is that software then John. I for one would be interested
regards
Bernard
What is that software then John. I for one would be interested
regards
Bernard
Posted 26/04/2012 - 10:38
Link
I thought the K-5 had timelapse?
A remote timer on ebay should do the trick if it doesn't?
I've seen timelapse from the K20D on youtube
A remote timer on ebay should do the trick if it doesn't?
I've seen timelapse from the K20D on youtube
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/04/2012 - 10:48
Link
Quote:
I thought the K-5 had timelapse?
There's no mention of it as such in the manual or on the camera menu. There is "interval shooting" but these are stills that would need stitching together into a 'movie' (I hate that word, but can't immediately think of a better one for desccriptive purposes)I thought the K-5 had timelapse?
regards
Bernard
Posted 26/04/2012 - 11:04
Link
Just looked on youtube and it does seem like the shoot stills.
This is one covering a day with the K-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhvKsV7Dvw
Edit: Seems PK_Tether can do it easily, although I'm
sure the camera can do it on it's own as well.
http://vimeo.com/18845267
This is one covering a day with the K-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhvKsV7Dvw
Edit: Seems PK_Tether can do it easily, although I'm
sure the camera can do it on it's own as well.
http://vimeo.com/18845267
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/04/2012 - 11:23
Link
K5 interval shooting is limited to 999 images, which at 16fsp is just over a minute of film. Would have to be aware of the jpg resolution (2MP in my case) to get them onto a card (2GB are what my cards are).
Impressive bit of work, but how is it stitched, I'd hate to try that quantity in "Image Ready"
Bernard
Impressive bit of work, but how is it stitched, I'd hate to try that quantity in "Image Ready"
Bernard
Posted 26/04/2012 - 11:58
Link
Frogherder wrote:
regards
Bernard
For Windows 9X, NT, XP: Quote:
it isn't on the K-5 without the use of third party software
What is that software then John. I for one would be interestedit isn't on the K-5 without the use of third party software
regards
Bernard
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/JPGVideo.shtml
or using Windows Movie Maker - tutorial:
http://www.tucows.com/article/2058
MakeAVI
http://makeavi.sourceforge.net/
When taking the photos, it would make sense not to set everything up at the highest resolution. Better to start low and work up!
For the record I haven't tried any of the above software for this purpose. I think for starters I'd go for MakeAVI. It's open source software and has a 96% user rating and looks simple to use!
John
John K
Posted 26/04/2012 - 12:03
Link
My version of timelapse consists of using a CCTV Camera and a Winfast capture card using an economical codec, capturing what I want then playing it back at 256 to 1024 x normal speed
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 27/04/2012 - 00:34
Link
Thanks John,
Got around to downloading makeavi this evening (very surprised at the fact its only 299K). Now I need to find a subject to play with
regards
Bernard
Got around to downloading makeavi this evening (very surprised at the fact its only 299K). Now I need to find a subject to play with
regards
Bernard
Posted 27/04/2012 - 01:43
Link
Yes that surprised me too. Certainly not an example of bloatware! I expect if some of the major names took it over to release it it would be more like 299Mb plus. I intend to give it a try too when I've taken a suitable trial sequence; shall take the images at 2Mb and on low quality for the first try. Handy that it can crop different size images to fit together in the sequence.
John
John
John K
Posted 27/04/2012 - 18:57
Link
So what would be the best way to do a time lapse video?
Posted 27/04/2012 - 19:20
Link
Some interesting links on this page..... mostly hardware
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


51 posts
16 years
how would I setup my Q to take a Time Lapse Video? I have never done this before and just want to try it for a bit of fun
Adrian