Pentax K-01 Hands-on Review

puma

Link Posted 21/04/2012 - 08:35
Just found this see link see what you think???
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

johnriley

Link Posted 21/04/2012 - 09:02
He's got an out-of-the-box style in his reviews and he shows in this review how we can develop from rejection of something new, through a growing grudging acceptance to a raised eyebrow of respect for the design.

Unfortunately you have to watch the whole review until you realise that he actually rather likes it.
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 21/04/2012 - 09:02

puma

Link Posted 21/04/2012 - 09:13
Quote:
Unfortunately you have to watch the whole review until you realise that he actually rather likes it.

I found that as well john, it was like he just didnít want to say that he did like it??? As it is a Pentax.
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

CMW

Link Posted 21/04/2012 - 09:37
My understanding is that he was suggesting that for form the camera got an alpha, but for function perhaps only beta or possibly beta plus. Many photographers spending that kind of money might be happier were it the other way round, no?
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 23/04/2012 - 18:31
I watch the DigitalRev videos all the time, and although Kai is a Leica Fanboy, and most of the reviews are CaNikon, he does have a respect for Pentax, although he does keep harping on that no-one buys them.
In fact the pancake lens test back in Feb, the 40mm Limited trounced the other Pancakes from Sony, Pano and Olympus.
Also, early last year, they did a video to "Save Pentax", and one of the things was that he wanted Pentax to be different. Well how different can you be with the K-01.
Personally I thought he rather liked it. He did point out some of the quirks (the flappy card cover for instance and the position of the green button) but he did like the IQ of the images.
Some Cameras
Last Edited by Offertonhatter on 23/04/2012 - 18:31

japers45

Link Posted 23/04/2012 - 19:03
I have viewed a few of the Digitalrev films. The k-01 review is rather complimentary- I was surprised because it would be very easy to be critical- looks ugly, no viewfinder, stupid designer blah blah blah.

DigitalRev is the photographic equivalent of Top Gear- more concerned with larking about and being entertaining than hard facts and serious tests, their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses though.

Kai has more fun making them than we do watching them so I guess the joke is really on us.

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 23/04/2012 - 19:11
japers45 wrote:
I have viewed a few of the Digitalrev films. The k-01 review is rather complimentary- I was surprised because it would be very easy to be critical- looks ugly, no viewfinder, stupid designer blah blah blah.

DigitalRev is the photographic equivalent of Top Gear- more concerned with larking about and being entertaining than hard facts and serious tests, their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses though.

Kai has more fun making them than we do watching them so I guess the joke is really on us.

It is akin to top gear, that is probably why I like them - photography reviews as entertainment. I am bored with some other photo reviews where the presenter is in a monotone voice and just does the technical bits of the camera, with a close up of said equipment on a table.

Another good one is the camera store guys in Canada. Not quite like digrev, but still entertaining and a little bit more technical. In fact they did a rather good review of the Pentax Q recently, worth a look.
Some Cameras
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.