The Lakes

pink

Link Posted 08/12/2016 - 18:48
These Photo's where taken on day 0ne of my trip to the lake's
we arrived late very late in Keswick with thanks' to the M6 road works at Manchester also a accident after j22 M6 I think anyway arrived in pitch blackness.

I woke up Saturday Morning around 6.00 am got dressed in the dark and collected my camera bag and tripod, kiss the wife good bye then but lead on the dog and off we went. So out side we went bloody hell -7 when I got in the car Hee hee all my planning paid of !!?, thick jumper bought for trip (left at home) but I had two layers on plus a all weather coat also bought for the trip. Hat and gloves in car door. Did I mention it was darker than the ace of spades (I Couldn't see my hand in front of my face) Good job my dog is white and brown or I would have lost him. Widescreen has now cleared satnav set the night before So here we go of to Legburthwaite. Arriving the night before in total darkness I didn't have the opportunity to check it out. so I'm relying on my trusty Satnav.

Satnav "you have arrived at your destination" No lake in view did I mention it was dark? sat out side a bed and breakfast I decide to see if the lake is behind the B&B it's now 6.50 AM I need to soon be in place for sun rise (panic is creeping into the back of my mind) NO lake behind the B&B in fact I look at the Satnav and I can't see any water as I'm zooming out. so the hotel manager suggested going to laitrigg so I find this in my new book enter the postcode and off we go. arrived at laitrigg no car park so I drive around a bit get lost and end up driving up this single lane road some where.

it now -11 but luckily no wind and no rain it's now 7.20 dawn is just breaking and I can see the out line of some mountains. so we walk up this single track walk way with puddles filled with thick ice it's getting lighter now I set up my Tripod and camera where did I pack that cable release can't find it so I use two minute timer. Get out my ND's and Grad's O'no no holder. so I have to stand with the camera on two minute timer and hold the ND GRAD in front of the lens with out touching the camera.

here is the location I ended up at

and my final image is this one

lovely and pink and purple sky and add snow on the mountains getting cold now -9 in the car and back for a cooked breakfast so so cold I went back to bed until 1.00 pm dog love it by the way (in the middle of no were and he finds a crisp packet) so it's now 2.30 pm found my filter holder on the side in hotel room of to Keswick to find a south west view of Derwentwater
I pulled up in a layby and walk with out camera bag to the lake found a nice area and mark it with a log to come back with camera in a minute or two. said to other photographer that was setting up I will be back in a minute just going for my camera bag. returned and he pinched my log but he did let me have it for a little while and when he had finished with it.

So here are some photos from that area

Pink
K3 and my new 21mm Lens
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Last Edited by pink on 08/12/2016 - 18:51

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/12/2016 - 23:25
Wow. First to comment ............ it was well worth getting cold for. These are superb, especially the second set.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

pink

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 07:02
after taking all day to get my printer to print my colour correctly I decided I wold upload the best sun set image in this shoot, well I think so any way

C&C welcome

Pink
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

richandfleur

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 07:20
Nice, great images and location

pink

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 08:39
Thank you Richard and David.

I will if time this weekend up load images from day Two sun rise was a wash out but the clouds and atmosphere was amazing not to mention the view plus it was a nice warm 10 deg (dog enjoyed to day running around the hills and swimming in the lake.

You can't hit the ground running was a lesson learned this weekend research and planning still can't beat scouting around with a good pair of shoes and a warm coat. also map and a good book with post codes for parking.

Any way that's it for now off to work

Pink
My Fluidr

davidstorm

Link Posted 09/12/2016 - 23:23
The third and fifth images are the stand-out ones here. I do think the others are too dark and are not giving of their best due to the under-exposure. Number 5 would grace anyone's wall.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

autumnlight

Link Posted 11/12/2016 - 17:00
I like your determination, you've produced a lovely set, especially No 5
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

Notmyname

Link Posted 11/12/2016 - 19:27
These are all great pictures

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/12/2016 - 20:27
Beautiful set of photos, love the colours you've produced by choosing such good times to take them. Your dedication has paid off and your skills have shown
LennyBloke

pink

Link Posted 12/12/2016 - 12:04
WoW I'm so Thrilled and exhilarated by all the kind commentís I must admit the number 3 &5 are my preferred images in fact I am in the process of having them framed as I type, photos are printed on A3+ photo paper and believe me the images donít do the prints justice. I went to the lakes with the soul purpose of a waterfall image & anything else was a bonus

Excited as my wife has agreed to accompany me to wales in early February. So this time I will drive to Wales and scout the area I want to take photo's off (all ready bought a similar book as the lake book by Stuart Homels

I will upload last two sets of photos after the Christmas tree, lights have gone up.

Pink
My Fluidr

paulcliff

Link Posted 12/12/2016 - 12:14
What a beautiful set, I'm definitely using these to convince the wife we should do the Lake District, Thanks!
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/gp/cliffo88/513746
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.