TDF Day 3

smudge
Posted 09/07/2014 - 12:53 Link
I am posting these because they show the race in an urban setting - a little different from the images posted so far.

I had no clue what to expect and opted for the wrong lens. I put on a 17-70 when my 50-150 would have been a better choice. As a consequence these have all been cropped quite heavily. Rain started to fall just as the riders went through.

The grimy setting is Plaistow High Street and though the spectators were well behaved the local cyclists were not. The marshals had a tough time dealing with those insisting on their right to use the highway, even attempting to ride into the path of oncoming support vehicles travelling at speed.

Anyhow, the first image shows the race leaders
Comment Image


Followed by the peleton

Comment Image


This one is picking out race favourite Chris Froome (assuming I have identified him correctly)- 3rd Team Sky rider ,in the centre of the shot

Comment Image


I was not surprised that Sky TV coverage of the event inserted a commercial break when the riders exited the Olympic park to avoid the viewers being subjected to sweeping views of the delights of Plaistow
Regards, Philip
Edited by smudge: 09/07/2014 - 12:56
gfurm
Posted 09/07/2014 - 16:32 Link
No way cyclist were not behaving. They're always right, considerate about other road users and never at fault when they have accident. You must have imagined it .

As for the photos: They seem a bit underexposed and have too much contrst for my liking but it could be my monitor. I like the first one but I'd crop out the car and concentrate on riders (depends how much you had to crop already)
Pentax K-3 II, DA 50/1.8, Sigma 18-35/1.8, DA* 300/4, 1.4x HD DA Converter
smudge
Posted 09/07/2014 - 17:16 Link
I did tweak the contrast a little as the light was so flat but I think it might be the high pass filter that is making them a bit strident. Without it they looked soft but I may have set it too strong.
Regards, Philip
Edited by smudge: 09/07/2014 - 17:18

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo