My Favourite Owl
Posted 08/07/2014 - 20:46
Link
Hi John,
That's excellent with a very shallow depth of field at F5.8. ISO 1600 fine on K5 isn't it?
That's excellent with a very shallow depth of field at F5.8. ISO 1600 fine on K5 isn't it?
Posted 08/07/2014 - 20:53
Link
I'm quite happy using up to ISO 1600, it's only beyond that point that we start to see deterioration. It holds pretty well up to 12800.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/07/2014 - 05:17
Link
Did you give this some HDR treatment?
Is it a 100% crop?
Is it a 100% crop?
Posted 09/07/2014 - 07:34
Link
It's the whole frame and it's not had any HDR treatment.
The only adjustments done are a tweak to Levels, resizing and sharpening.
The only adjustments done are a tweak to Levels, resizing and sharpening.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/07/2014 - 17:19
Link
Was it a captive bird, John?
Is it a barn owl, it's quite dark plumage, isn't it?
Roger.
Is it a barn owl, it's quite dark plumage, isn't it?
Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 09/07/2014 - 17:46
Link
It was a captive bird, at the Rutland Owl and Falconry Centre. The beauty of this place is that many of the birds are out in the open in natural woodland. They are tethered, but with care this can be made less obvious.
It was in quite a dark situation so I kept the image dark. What sort of owl it is I'm afraid I don't know.
It was in quite a dark situation so I kept the image dark. What sort of owl it is I'm afraid I don't know.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24424 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
All comments welcome!