tamron 18-270 info required
Posted 30/12/2012 - 20:38
Link
I recall the magazine tests were very favourable when it was launched. It was said to be better than the 18-250mm, which we know to be an excellent travel lens.
Posted 30/12/2012 - 21:06
Link
The Pentax one isn't the same and the IQ seems poor.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 30/12/2012 - 21:56
Link
Algernon wrote:
The Pentax one isn't the same and the IQ seems poor.
Where have you read that Algi?The Pentax one isn't the same and the IQ seems poor.
If anyone is considering a Pentax 18-270 have a look at Camera.nu.nl. I's cheaper over here.
Posted 31/12/2012 - 08:02
Link
Pentaxforums
Takes lousy pictures of Turkeys!
Made in China..... Vietnam stuff must
be too expensive
-
Takes lousy pictures of Turkeys!
Made in China..... Vietnam stuff must
be too expensive
-
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 31/12/2012 - 10:54
Link
That conversation compares it with the 18-125. It seems quite clear that the Tamron and Pentax 18-270 are basically the same lens.
Tony Milner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Posted 31/12/2012 - 12:19
Link
Thank you all for your info. After seeing how expensive the pentax 18-270 is I was wondering if there is much difference in the tamron 18-250 and the pentax 18-270 image quality as the focal length is simular.Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted 31/12/2012 - 12:26
Link
I would go for a Pentax 18-250. SRS currently have one on E Bay for £299.
Dave
Dave
Posted 31/12/2012 - 15:53
Link
Tamron 18-250 is also a good lens apart from the zoom creep which also affects the pentax as they are basically the same lens.
Taken with Tamron18-250 @18mm/f8. https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-12248/reflecting-the-tyne-56402
Taken with Tamron18-250 @18mm/f8. https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-12248/reflecting-the-tyne-56402
Posted 31/12/2012 - 15:59
Link
I can also vouch for the Tamron 18-250. A cracking all purpose lens which can produce better results than you think.
I really cant see the appeal of the new 18-270 over that, especially considering the massive hike in price.
I really cant see the appeal of the new 18-270 over that, especially considering the massive hike in price.
Posted 31/12/2012 - 19:33
Link
Snootchies wrote:
I really cant see the appeal of the new 18-270 over that, especially considering the massive hike in price.
Except hat it is readily available, unlike the Tamron/Pentax 18-250 which is getting rarer as those who already have one tend to hang on to it.I really cant see the appeal of the new 18-270 over that, especially considering the massive hike in price.
I had Aliengrove's Sigma for a while, but decided in the end a super zoom is not for me. I like the idea, but not the results.
Posted 01/01/2013 - 09:14
Link
Pentax 18-250 currently on E Bay for £225.
Dave
Dave
Posted 02/01/2013 - 17:11
Link
I am also a member of the 18-250 fan club - I have the Pentax badged version and have been quite impressed with it.
The difference in (street) price was only £50 or so - and of course we actually had the choice between the two versions.
The difference in (street) price was only £50 or so - and of course we actually had the choice between the two versions.
Tony Milner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


18 posts
15 years
North Somerset
Sorry if this question has been asked before.Regards, Dave.