Stepping back in time

davidtrout
Posted 04/06/2014 - 15:02 Link
I returned to Beamish this week with the K3 and K5. The working locomotive giving rides to visitors on the 1820s colliery line was Steam Elephant, built about ten years ago from plans dating from 1816.

The fireman's gloves
Comment Image


Steam Elephant at work
Comment Image


On Track
Comment Image


At Pockerley Manor Farm
Comment Image



In the Pit Vilage...a woman's work is never done
Comment Image


A typical backyard.. in any North of England industrial area
Comment Image



In a pit village bedroom - a scene which could be any time from the late 1800s through to the 1950s. I spotted a burglar alarm censor on the wall at the top of the picture, but only later when I opened it up on the computer
Comment Image


David

Feel free to comment

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Edited by davidtrout: 04/06/2014 - 15:04
AuraTodd
Posted 04/06/2014 - 16:17 Link
The first shot looks 'handy'. The bedroom shot is great, we have a similar museum called Milestones, nice if they had some outdoor stuff.
davidstorm
Posted 04/06/2014 - 18:32 Link
A lovely series David and contrary to some recent posts I don't mind you naming the images instead of just numbering them, it adds a bit of personality! Personal favourite? I think it is possibly the 'gloves' shot, but they are all very good.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Blythman
Posted 04/06/2014 - 19:46 Link
First and last for me David. Two terrific shots
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Stuey
Posted 04/06/2014 - 20:11 Link
Nice shots

'...a woman's work is never done'

Is that why they are paid less?

I'll get my tin hat read for the responses

No offence meant
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Edited by Stuey: 04/06/2014 - 20:12
RayB
Posted 04/06/2014 - 20:30 Link
AuraTodd wrote:
The first shot looks 'handy'. The bedroom shot is great, we have a similar museum called Milestones, nice if they had some outdoor stuff.
There is a "Milestones" Living History museum in Basingstoke but it's all indoor. They are photographer friendly and umm... it's got a bar with real beer...
AuraTodd
Posted 04/06/2014 - 23:19 Link
Thats the one I mean, its great espcially the sweetie shop. But there isnt a lot outside, except a car park. Like to see outdoorsie things

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo