SRS Microsystems
Posted 04/08/2012 - 17:02
Link
Last time I had to work on a sat'day I had a face like a slapped arse
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 04/08/2012 - 17:31
Link
Are you sure you went into the right shop?
Did the sign above say SRS or "We Saw You Coming"
Did the sign above say SRS or "We Saw You Coming"
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 04/08/2012 - 17:41
Link
Sorry you had a bad experience today. I wasn't in today so maybe my staff were just missing me...
I am very lucky in that I have a very low staff turnover. Most of my staff have been with me for 7+ years, the newest joined about 11 months ago.
I'll mention this to them when I'm back on Tuesday. Apologies again.
I am very lucky in that I have a very low staff turnover. Most of my staff have been with me for 7+ years, the newest joined about 11 months ago.
I'll mention this to them when I'm back on Tuesday. Apologies again.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook
Posted 04/08/2012 - 17:58
Link
I rang up this Wednesday to buy an 18 - 135 DA so I got my Pentax User free postage. Very cheery assistance on the phone Fabulous lens (and it was a boxed one for the offer price) thanks Chris!
Posted 04/08/2012 - 18:08
Link
Thanks for the reassuring and swift reply Chris.
A pity the Euro is so low against the pound now or I might have been calling in in a couple of weeks. Ah well, next time!
A pity the Euro is so low against the pound now or I might have been calling in in a couple of weeks. Ah well, next time!
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:12
Link
It's a pity that Chris has to waste his time answering
silly posts like this one
silly posts like this one
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:32
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Why is it silly?
Complaining because they didn't say "Have a nice day!"Why is it silly?
like Messups do!
A private email to Chris would have been better and
more tactful rather than tell the whole world.
If anyone complained about any member of staff, one of
the UK's top portrait photographers use to always reply
I'll sack them immediately which used to make
the customer think well they weren't that bad and they
used to calm down and say something like.... I wouldn't
go that far... it was probably partly my fault anyway
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:40
Link
There is a difference between not saying have a nice day and walking around the shop looking like someone has hit you in the face with a wet kipper. I have been into shops like that and walked straight out again.
Mind you have have also been in shops where the gushing salesman greets you at the door and proceeds to follow you everywhere with a cheery comment and helpful advice.
I walked out of that one as well, I couldn't decide whether he was trying to be helpful or he thought I was going to pinch something so he had better keep an eye on me
Anyway, it does no harm to give the staff a kick up the backside now and then
Mind you have have also been in shops where the gushing salesman greets you at the door and proceeds to follow you everywhere with a cheery comment and helpful advice.
I walked out of that one as well, I couldn't decide whether he was trying to be helpful or he thought I was going to pinch something so he had better keep an eye on me
Anyway, it does no harm to give the staff a kick up the backside now and then
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:41
Link
Why do some of you Guys treat this outlet as some kind of valhalla. I bought my Sigma 150 - 500 from them recently. After telephoning them with the order. I was dismayed to be charged delivery on an item they sell openly on ebay for the same price and free delivery.
At the end of the day they are a service outlet. So good service should be expected.
At the end of the day they are a service outlet. So good service should be expected.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:44
Link
stub wrote:
I bought my Sigma 150 - 500 from them recently. After telephoning them with the order. I was dismayed to be charged delivery on an item they sell openly on ebay for the same price and free delivery.
And did you mention at the time of purchase that you were a member of the forum, so getting your free postage? It's mentioned on here enough.I bought my Sigma 150 - 500 from them recently. After telephoning them with the order. I was dismayed to be charged delivery on an item they sell openly on ebay for the same price and free delivery.
Probably not.
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:47
Link
We don't treat them and the be-all-and-end-all of good retailers.
BUT we do praise them when praise is due.
I've had terrific service from them - way and beyond what I had any reason to expect . Chris actually got one of his staff to pack a bag I was interested in with the amount of gear I was wanting to put in to it , to check how it would fit . It was a wee bittie tight so he suggested the slightly bigger one - and he was proved right - as I have now added an iPad to the contents.
Stub - you should not have been charged delivery as you well know - BUT did you tell them you were a Pentaxuser member or did you expect them to be a mind reader ?
BUT we do praise them when praise is due.
I've had terrific service from them - way and beyond what I had any reason to expect . Chris actually got one of his staff to pack a bag I was interested in with the amount of gear I was wanting to put in to it , to check how it would fit . It was a wee bittie tight so he suggested the slightly bigger one - and he was proved right - as I have now added an iPad to the contents.
Stub - you should not have been charged delivery as you well know - BUT did you tell them you were a Pentaxuser member or did you expect them to be a mind reader ?
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 04/08/2012 - 19:51
Link
The original complaint was:
"Is SRS in Watford under new management...just wondered as
we went in to their shop today and didn't recognise anyone
in there... "
Just because the OP had previously been to the shop, doesn't
put the shop under contract to always have the same staff
on the sales floor indefinitely... In any case Chris has
said most of his staff have been with him a long time and
I'm sure that it was a case of the OP not recognizing
them.
I've only bought from SRS over the phone, but have always
had excellent service from them.
My local dealer (now gone bust) used to assume that
everyone came into the shop to have an argument
with him
"Is SRS in Watford under new management...just wondered as
we went in to their shop today and didn't recognise anyone
in there... "
Just because the OP had previously been to the shop, doesn't
put the shop under contract to always have the same staff
on the sales floor indefinitely... In any case Chris has
said most of his staff have been with him a long time and
I'm sure that it was a case of the OP not recognizing
them.
I've only bought from SRS over the phone, but have always
had excellent service from them.
My local dealer (now gone bust) used to assume that
everyone came into the shop to have an argument
with him
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


74 posts
19 years